Credit Risk Stress Test Analyst
ING is looking for a Credit Risk Stress Test Analyst to strengthen the ICAAP Analytics team within Integrated Risk. The role of Credit Risk Stress Testing Analyst allows you to analyse the credit risks ING is exposed to under different (adverse) scenarios and assess the impact on P&L and the capital position of ING. The position offers you to get insight into these material risks, but also to assess mitigating actions to recover from adverse situations. The output of these stress test analyses are used to share recommendations with senior management, determine ING’s risk appetite and assess the impact of future business decisions.
ICAAP Analytics is a staff department within Integrated Risk that executes and coordinates various integrated risk topics like:
- ICAAP: Being the second line of defense with respect to ICAAP/Capital Management and thereby working close together with Group Treasury.
- Economic Capital: Overseeing the implementation of the new Economic Capital Framework and supporting further usage in both risk management and steering.
- Stress testing: Covering internal and external (EBA) ICAAP/Capital Stress Testing as well as Climate Risk Stress Testing.
- Risk Appetite: Coordination of the group-wide Risk Appetite Framework, including solvency/capital risk appetite, allocation to risk types and preparing the annual risk appetite to the Management Board Banking and Supervisory Board.
- New regulations: Assess the impact of new regulations like Basel IV
- Disclosures: Coordination of internal risk reporting towards the Management Board and Supervisory Board and external disclosures in e.g. the Annual Report and towards investors and ratings agencies.
ICAAP Analytics is an international team of highly qualified professionals with an open and informal atmosphere, located in Amsterdam, consisting of 20 persons.
Roles and responsibilities
- Be the centre of expertise, design and execute the Credit Risk Economic Capital Framework as the delegated model owner;
- Be in the lead for different global financial risk related projects for Credit Risk EC;
- Support and improve the Economic Capital Risk Appetite and limit setting, allocation and monitoring;
- Coordinate, challenge & perform in-depth credit risk analyses and assessments;
- Provide guidance and advise to Senior Management and all stakeholders on Credit Risk Economic capital;
- Initiate model improvements and determine requirements;
- Participation in (change) projects and model content panels;
- Follow, interpret and execute developments/ requirements by regulators in the fields of Economic Capital & Credit Risk;
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
- >5 years knowledge of risk management and financial products specifically in Credit Risk;
- Academic level, preferably in Economics, Econometrics, Quantitative Finance or a similar specialisation;
- Strong (data) analytical and quantitative skills (the breakdown of complex issues in manageable pieces);
- Result-driven and able to push things forward in a persistent and constructive manner;
- Able to manage different stakeholders and navigate different cultural environments;
- Changeable and flexible, able to act swiftly in changing situations;
- Well structured, autonomous, highly adaptive, flexible team player;
- Thrive while working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Fluent in English (both verbal and in writing);
- Working with presentations, the ability to present complex content in an easy and transparent way;
Rewards and benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Hybrid working to blend home working for focus and office working for collaboration and co-creation
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.