Back-end Engineer @ Omnichannel
InsideBusiness is ING's digital banking platform that provides a single point of access to a growing range of wholesale banking products and services around the globe. Accessible anytime and anywhere via web, mobile app and tablet. InsideBusiness allows wholesale customers such as multinational corporations or governments to access a range of products and services such as payments, cash management, financial markets, lending and trade finance.
You will be a member of the PPAM squad, which plays a central role in the Omnichannel tribe by managing some of the core services of InsideBusiness platform. These services together form the party and agreements management system (PAM) of ING Wholesale Banking, providing access to customer data to dozens of applications.
The stack is mostly based on Java and Spring Boot for the business layer, and Oracle, which is our preferred data storage solution. For CI/CD we use Azure DevOps, which we adopted recently and made our life a lot easier. The team works in Agile fashion and takes end-to-end responsibility of the full lifecycle of its applications - from requirements engineering all the way up to production releases.
Roles and responsibilities
Your main role will be that of a back-end engineer; still, you will always have the freedom to experiment with non-backend technologies that interest you.
Besides this, you are expected to:
- Put your best engineering practices to work in order to build and maintain software components that work just as you would expect the banking app from your phone to work.
- Automate everything that can be automated and then enjoy watching how everything works by itself. If automation is not your best part don't worry, you will have plenty of opportunities to learn about it.
- Collaborate and share your knowledge with colleagues, because only together we can make banking better.
- And last but not least, never be afraid to improve and innovate.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
- Bachelor/Master of Science in Computer Science or an equivalent field
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Good knowledge of Java 8+. Experience with Spring Boot is a big plus
- Experience with Docker, Bash and/or Python is a nice-to-have
- Good understanding and hands-on experience with DevOps practices such as version control (Git), CI/CD, test automation and monitoring
- Experience with relational databases is a plus
- You keep yourself up to date with the latest trends and are not afraid to try out new things and experiment
- You can explain technical problems and their impact to both engineers and business colleagues
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Rewards and benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Hybrid working to blend home working for focus and office working for collaboration and co-creation
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
Please note, multiple interview steps involving various business stakeholders will be part of the selection process.