Ops Chapter Lead RaceING
Ops Chapter Lead RaceING
Competitive Pricing Area, part of the FM> Tribe, seeks an enthusiastic Chapter Lead, with a solid Operations background and hands-on approach; willing to lead and inspire engineers to get the most out of their talents and advance the Area.
Competitive Pricing is a dynamic and contemporary workplace for a diverse leader who enjoys technical and functional challenges. You will work closely with your IT Area Lead and other chapter leads in the Area and product owners to ensure that platform and applications using it are stable, and engineers are always ahead of the curve.
The opportunity and teams
As IT Ops Chapter Lead, you will play a crucial role leading Ops Engineers for RaceING.
RaceING is fully in-house developed application that does various types of pricing and risk calculations for XVA position and related capital of Financial Markets (FM) department of ING, and beyond. It is a global applications, used in multiple ING FM locations, and is developed and supported by multiple engineers in Amsterdam, Singapore and India.
It is hosted on modern infrastructure within ING data centers and uses, mostly, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (when run on virtual machines) and ING Container Hosting Platform, ICHP (when run as container-based microservices applications). Application is developed in very close collaboration with Front Office Quants team (they create GPU-based pricing library) and close contact with end users.
At the moment we are working on next iteration of the application architecture that will integrate with ING Pricing Architecture platform (IPA) and switch to highly available and scalable design, all while making sure existing business-critical version is well-maintained and enriched with business functionalities.
As Chapter Lead, you will additionally participate in Tribe and Area efforts.
Roles and duties
Roughly 40% of your time will be devoted to empowering, coaching, and motivating your chapter of six to ten individuals. The remaining time will be spent as an engineer in the squad executing on our strategic and functional roadmaps.
Based in Amsterdam, we expect you to be responsible and take ownership together with your colleagues in Amsterdam, India, and Singapore. Be open, honest, proactive, and communicate clearly.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
- Strong technical skills: Linux, scripting, SQL/Oracle, affinity with modern distributed middleware (we use GridGain, Kafka, S3/ECS to name a few)
- Familiarity with best SRE practices
- Strong social skills
- You have experience with leading teams/Engineers and managing complex application landscape in an enterprise setting
- Knowledge of, working background or just an interest in Financial Markets is very welcome
- You are a strong team player; you love to share knowledge and you are interested in other people’s work
- You are enthusiastic about working in an Agile setup
- You are well versed in IT Risk management because it helps us build and maintain secure and reliable applications our customers deserve
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
• A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
• 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
• Pension scheme
• 13th month salary
• Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
• 8% Holiday payment
• Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
• An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
• Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
With 57,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.