Data Quality Expert
As an industry-leading bank, ING is redefining banking.
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. In our ambitions to put sustainability at the heart of what we do and to give our customers a superior experience, we require data. High volumes of diverse, up-to-date, and truthful data, that can fuel the underlying analytics and machine learning models. In order to be able to deal with these huge amounts of data and get the best value out of it, we need to become the number one data driven bank.
Setting the standards for data governance
The gathering, usage and governance of data is of the highest importance for a data driven culture – a cornerstone in our transformation. We are developing well-governed data delivery processes to ensure data availability, common understanding of business terms, high data quality, fast remediation of issues, data traceability and data controlled in line with regulations: an ambitious implementation based on leading technology. By showing we treat data in a safe way, we are trustworthy for customers, regulators and employees.
Tribe Data Management NL
Data needs to be ‘managed’, to prevent that data creates more complexity. Here we come into play: We are Tribe Data Management, the experts in managing ING DBNL’s data. Our tribe consists of four product areas, two platform teams, the Data Privacy expert center and the CDO expert center. Our purpose - unleashing the power of data – represents our belief in the potential of data. We empower ING DBNL to get the best value of its data in a well-governed way, to drive sustainable growth.
For our Competence Centre CDO, we are looking for an enthusiastic Data Quality Expert. Do you have a passion for data, continuously looking for improvements, are you a strong team player and do you see the challenge of implementing policies and standards throughout DB NL? Then join the team and help us to ensure that the data of DB NL is optimally aligned with business requirements and terminology by driving the implementation of BCBS239, GDPR and Governance and Record Retention Policies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate closely with business and IT stakeholders in order to gather their data governance
- requirements, to understand their data, their (meta) data needs and business context
- Work on the data governance strategy and roadmap, aligned with the Chief Data Officer
- Set requirements for data quality, data lineage and other relevant aspects for business terms and data assets
- Initiate data management improvements, set data quality, data issue remediation guidelines and standards
- Develop and implement data quality framework, policies and standards and monitor and control the data governance framework, policy and standards
- Collaborate with the Metadata Modeler, Data Lineage, Data Definitions and Data Governance Officer in order to improve the current way of working
- Guide and coach others in the field of data management, such as data stewards in the business domains, and encourages the organization to become ‘data minded’
- Support CDO in the data councils
- Define and report on indicators of performance and quality metrics
- Define long term meta data strategy and capabilities
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be
successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems. You have a passion for data, sense for accuracy and walk the talk.
- Deep knowledge of and expertise on data governance, quality frameworks, policies and standards
- Good understanding of business and technology issues related to management of information assets
- Knowledge of data management related regulatory requirements (such as GDPR, BCBS239)
- Broad knowledge and deep practical experience with data quality, data lineage, data security, data privacy, data lifecycle management, data issue remediation and other data-governance practices
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to be able to align with various stakeholders
- Excellent command of English in word and writing to define business terms
- An enthusiastic personality and inclusive mindset
- A connection with the Agile way of working in multidisciplinary teams
- 5+ Years experience in the financial services industry
Rewards and benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Hybrid working to blend home working for focus and office working for collaboration and co-creation
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
Please note, multiple interview steps involving various business stakeholders will be part of the selection process.