Site Reliability Engineer - Software Engineering
We are seeking a talented Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our dynamic team in the Netherlands. We offer a full-time position (36h/40h per week) in a highly challenging environment within a modern agile international organization and really nice colleagues. And the best place to grow your technical capabilities and personal competences.
Within Digital Channels, squad Momus is responsible for running the local web ING.nl release train process. The squad is responsible for reliability, availability, and performance of key digital platforms, including ing.nl, mijn.ing.nl, and the ING mobile app in the Netherlands. We are empowering our customers to stay a step ahead by enabling them to make use of the OneWeb banking platform. OneApp & OneWeb is a term used to describe ING’s services that are globally reusable. Such as our ING Android/iOS native app (OneApp) as well as a big part of our web based front-end (OneWeb). OneApp & OneWeb is at the base of our highly critical mobile and web customer journeys across multiple countries.
Role and Responsibilities
- As an SRE at ING, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the reliability, availability, and performance of key digital platforms, including ing.nl, mijn.ing.nl, and the ING mobile app.
- You like to monitor dashboards, oversee an application chain and chase other teams.
- As an engineer you like to create solutions to automate and make things easier for yourself.
- Next to your work in the squad, you also like to contribute to the mastery of other engineers and improve the way of work within ING.
- Design, create, and monitor Grafana dashboards to provide real-time insights into system performance.
- Develop and maintain error dashboards to quickly identify and address issues affecting user experience.
- Assist other teams in gaining insights into the availability of their respective features.
- Take responsibility for the resilience of critical services within My ING, ensuring maximum availability and reliability.
- Execute confidence checks on software changes, ensuring that all releases meet quality standards.
How to succeed
- You are a highly motivated Site Reliability Engineer who likes to work in a multidisciplinary team of engineers and business colleagues.
- You have experience with giving presentations and workshops, and in general have strong communication skills.
- Your English in speaking and writing is fluent and you are a team player who likes to join the social events of the squad and ING organization.
- Proven experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or similar role.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work closely with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of resilience engineering principles and best practices.
- Oversee the management of certificates, ensuring that they are up-to-date and compliant with security standards
- Experience in (Major) Incident Management, Postmortems, etc.
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience and thorough understanding of continuous integration and delivery
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.