Senior Java Engineer in Credit Risk
ING is looking for an Senior Java Engineer in Credit Risk
We are looking for an experienced, communicative DEV Engineer to strengthen us in Credit Risk. We are looking for developers who can strengthen our credit team with solid banking knowledge in the RISK domain and good understanding of Java, Oracle and WebSphere. This means thinking out loud, trying out and applying your knowledge when analysing feature request. In this chapter we deal with big data which needs to be calculated according to internal and external regulations.
Who are we?
COO Risk and Finance delivers baseline and change activities for both Risk and Finance. Our vision and purpose for COO Risk and Finance is clear: To deliver best in class data, insights and advice which empower our consumers to control, explain, predict and optimise the performance of ING. We play a critical role at ING and will be the go-to function for all kinds of data across the Bank.
Your main focus
- Build and maintain the existing RISK engines.
- Incorporate new regulatory calculations in the existing architecture.
- Improving stability, performance and reliability of the Credit Risk Datawarehouse applications.
- Whatever software you develop, you own it and support it in the full lifecycle of your product
- A bank is based on trust of their customers. Therefore your software requires to be trustworthy and you are keen to be the best in class to learn and apply security standards.
- Build scalable deployment pipelines, to support Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Automate test and make it part of the design, code, build and release process.
- Own your product and know how your product(s) are performing.
In addition to developing software solutions, you will contribute to:
- Be precise and accurate in your delivered work
- Help the business two refine the user stories with your domain knowledge
- We expect you to share and teach your knowledge to other team members as well.
- Optimization of the service stability and continuity.
- Help Credit Risk to make big steps to the future. Enhance the CI/CD maturity, move to a containerized environment, prepare for the move to the public cloud etc.
- In short we expect you to have or help us have a vision on how to provide our services in the future.
Your work environment
You will work in the IT organization of COO Risk and Finance. You will be part of the Vortex team delivering IT solutions and services for the Credit Risk Tribe. The Vortex teams operate according to the Scrum Agile development process. The focus is on high-quality secure-critical software delivered in time. The key development technology used in your squad are Java, Oracle 19, Linux, and Kafka. The Azure DevOps is the single solution used for version control, build, release etc.
Profile (skills & competences)
We are looking for a person who:
- Has a relevant higher education or university degree.
- Has at least 10 years of software engineering experience.
- Is a excellent team player, great challenger, customer centric and eager to learn.
- Loves technology and naturally stays up-to-date on relevant innovations.
- Has great English communication skills, verbal as well as written.
- Has experience and understand the benefits of the agile scrum methodology.
- Holds knowledge and experience on most of the following technical skills and competences:
- Java 8+ (including multi-threading, 11+ is a plus to have)
- Spring (boot, core, mvc, data, JDBC, cloud, security, JPA)
- Oracle Relational database SQL & PLSQL
- Testdriven mindset (TDD, unit testing)
- Hibernate (or any other ORM)
- Clear concepts of microservices
- Clear concepts of CI-CD
- Kafka and the matching spring templates (is a nice to have)
- Docker (Kubernetes/OpenShift is a nice to have)
- Security: Web (OWASP), other best practices, Transport layer security, encryption, various authentication schemes viz. bearer tokens, JWT, etc., code scans and code quality checks
- Performance tuning of Java\Spring\Web applications. Able to do profiling, memory analysis etc. (nice to have)
What we offer
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal and professional working environment with innovative colleagues
- Flexible commuting allowance
- A full-time position (36- 40 hours a week)
- Pension scheme
- 13th-month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS)
And of course not to forget a variety of extra benefits.