Chapter Lead OPS Business Lending
We are looking for an experienced IT OPS Chapter Lead in Business Lending, someone who has a passion to lead by example and build a safe, secure and quality ecosystem within our area. The chapter consists of engineers with expertise both in development as well as operations
The IT area of Business Lending is responsible for creating, maintaining and improving what is needed to be able to deliver to the needs of our Business clients, in a cross-border setting. This means you will get the opportunity to bring your skills to a dynamic and challenging environment, where you will be part of the leadership team working on the digitalization strategy of Business Lending.
We appreciate distributed and hybrid work environment. Innovation and fun is our driving force: We're leveraging the power of best and the latest trends in business and technology to deliver the most innovative Business Lending solutions in the market.
ING works in multi-disciplinary teams based on Scrum, Agile and DevOps principles. Responsibility for Infra and Security is adapted within the squads, Business and IT have joined, making a squad end-to end responsible for a customer journey or product. For more about our way of working please visit:
If you have a solid Operations background and hands-on approach; willing to lead and inspire engineers to get the most out of their talents and advance the Area, Business Lending is the right place for you.
Role and Responsibilities
- As IT Ops Chapter Lead, you will play a crucial role leading Ops Engineers for Business Lending solutions. Business Lending is a dynamic and contemporary workplace for a diverse leader who enjoys technical and functional challenges. You will work closely with your IT Area Lead and other chapter leads in the Area and product Lead to ensure that platform and applications using it are stable, and engineers are always ahead of the curve. We are a growth area with a high focus on delivery while moving towards target solutions
- Together with your squad and chapter you ensure the operational stability, integrity and availability across the entire end-to-end application chain. With the help of the Agile methodologies, you will support ING in delivering and maintaining quality products to our customers. Within the assignment you will have the opportunity to expand/broaden your knowledge of different technologies and software packages.
- As Chapter Lead you will lead and inspire approximately 10-15 engineers in different locations around the world. You’ll enable your engineers to grow their mastery and you lead by example.
- Your main task is to enable your engineers to grow their mastery and get better in what they do every day by using industry best practices, but also having the lead role to set up these best practices, standards and using the latest methodologies in software development. With your team you ensure that the platform stays reliable, resilient and scalable. Operational excellence, reuse, continuous improvement, automation and customer focus is part of your DNA. In the other part of your time, as a lead engineer, you set the example, share your knowledge, drive innovation, voice your opinion and deliver as a member of our tribe by being responsible of some of our strategic initiatives. You dislike technical depth, and you want to reduce toil by automation.
- You see regulatory requirements as an opportunity to improve the landscape and when the things get tough you step in and show your leadership skills.
- As part of the leadership team, you are not afraid to voice your opinion and contribute to strategic initiatives set.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
- Strong technical skills: Linux, scripting, SQL/Oracle, affinity with modern distributed middleware
- Familiarity with best SRE practices
- Have at least 5-years of experience in a role as (Dev)Ops engineering
- Have strong problem-solving skills to structure and improve complex situations
- Have good knowledge of enterprise level networking (TCP/IP, VPNs, SFTP, Proxy, Firewalls)
- Be experienced with monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana and ELK but also able to write scripts (bash/shell)
- Have knowledge of Continuous Integration and Delivery tools like: Azure DevOps, GIT and Ansible
- Have experience with Linux, Oracle and Middleware like Tomcat
- Have experience with Cloud platforms and architecture like Microsoft Azure
- Be experienced in Agile and Continuous Delivery practices
- Have solid Risk, compliance, ICT Security awareness
- Be a strong team player and have good social and communication skills
- Be pro-active and assertive
- Have a learning attitude. Not only to master new technologies but also on the interpersonal level. You are proven to be able to ask and give feedback
- Have experience working in multicultural /diverse teams (English is our primary language)
- Building your team and taking care of their personal growth.
- Setting up and keep engineering practices and the way of working in the squads on the high level, guiding designs and technical solutions (Technical Lead).
- Keep connection with consumers & stakeholders to make sure squads are “building the right thing”
- Keep operation and automation model secure and compliant with Infra / CISO guidelines
- Own overall delivery of activities in scope– plan, implement, test, release, measure, gather feedback, adapt, escalate.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Platform strategy. Translate the strategy in terms of the Chapter
- People management activities: hiring, performance appraisal, workforce strategy and budgeting, etc
- Understand regulatory requirements of a highly available system to a full extent.
- Experience in Pega is a plus.
Do you recognize yourself.
- Strong technical leadership skills, including coaching, consensus building, and ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to explain technical solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are customer-focused, communicative and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Strong analytical thinking and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong resilient, constructive, collaborative and continuous improvement mindset
- Self-motivated and ability to prioritize and delegate to achieve exceptional outcomes.
- Ability to network and be aware of changes within the global industry and profession.
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today