Product Manager Financial Institutions (FI)
ING is looking for a Product Manager Financial Institutions in the Netherlands. Are you an entrepreneur that combines client focus with commercial and marketing power? And do you have background or knowledge of the FI market? Keep on reading!
Transaction Services (TS) is one of ING Wholesale Banking's (WB) main business lines. We offer a suite of WB products and services to corporate and institutional clients. We are a significant contributor to the growth and profitability of the WB. Our strategy is aimed at ensuring that we continue to support sustained growth for the WB by delivering competitive and relevant TS products.
Product Management PCM is a newly created department within WB/TS for Payments & Cash Management (PCM). The purpose of the PM PCM department is to unlock existing business potential and activate new client/market opportunities. The focus is on executing a strong commercial strategy aiming at stable and sustainable income flows. The Product Management FI team makes a difference for our FI clients by creating and offering best in class and fit-for purpose products and services while continuously improving our existing proposition as well as developing new products for our client base.
Roles and responsibilities
Product Management FI is responsible for the commercial performance of the payments & cash management products for FIs. The team is responsible for optimizing the commercial performance of the product suite and formulating a long-term view on how we evolve our product proposition to remain relevant to our FI clients over time in a highly competitive environment. That means focus on market developments provided by the TS FI sales and FI coverage organization and pro-actively following the market, incl. benchmarking. The Product Manager translates those into concrete requirements for product development and enhancements, as well as formulating a view on how the organization will commercialize the enhanced product proposition.
You will be responsible for:
- The day-to-day product performance and P&L of your product area.
- Product strategy, proposition, roadmap, design, commercial execution and life cycle
- Creating & tracking business cases. Including identifying the data relevant for monitoring product performance, running business cases, providing input for the Delivery Plan (DP) and other relevant activities
- Marketing, communication & customer satisfaction
- Market, competition & customer research
- You will be responsible for monitoring and updating policies and governance related to your products and translating it into the product strategy and priorities
- Non-financial risk management (i.e., Product Approval Review Process, issues management, audits, key control testing etc.).
- Risks related to your products and work with Risk, Compliance, Audit and Legal stakeholders, to make sure our products and services comply with regulations and policies.
As a Product Manager:
- You focus on commercial management, product management and marketing and apply your experience to target audiences
- You represent the voice of the customer, have a strong vision on how to attract FI clients and focus on continuously improving the product performance of the product suite you are responsible for
- You take a pan-European view on the industry developments, incl. benchmarking affecting your product, advocate the strategic direction for your product internally and externally
- You are part of the European network, stimulate cross-border collaboration and alignment with the parties that need to contribute to your specific business product area
- You will align with TS FI Sales, Client Services and the Sector organization and support during client pitches, meetings or FI events and conferences
Regarding the newly established Delivery Management (DM) organization, as a Product Manager:
- You are responsible for aligning with DM organization and ensuring successful delivery of your product requirements
- You define the business requirements and translate them to the DM CJE with the aim of developing and maintaining products and services. As a result, you also play a supporting role in the QBR process
- You share responsibility with the DM organization in ensuring our license to operate by secure and flawless 24/7 operations
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even better version of yourself.
- Master's or bachelor's degree and +5 years working experience within Transaction Services
- An open and transparent communicator
- Strong resilience: ability to navigate through ambiguity and simplify complexity
- Experience in commercial product management and/or marketing and/or client experience
- Customer Market Analysis and Financial Analytical skills
- Stakeholder management skills in complex ecosystems
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Credit Risk experience is a plus
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions here.
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 36 hour workweek
- Individual leave: 24+2 individual holiday days based on 36 hr workweek
- Diversity leave: 3 days per year (1,5 paid, 1,5 unpaid)
- CSR days: up to 2 days per year to actively engage in society by volunteering
- 13th month salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- Mobility card
- Attractive pension scheme
- Hybrid working to blend home working for focus and office working for collaboration and co-creation
Want to apply directly?
Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.
Read more at Working at ING.