Senior Business Controller ING Commercial Finance & Lease
Are you looking for…
A Finance Business Advise role within the Business Banking segment in NL?
Are you also someone who is …
- analytical and structured: you enjoy understanding the underlying evolution of figures and their drivers and conduct analyses to give explanations and advice to your stakeholders
- having an eye for detail without losing sight of the bigger picture
- a clear communicator: you are able to translate data into easily understandable information to different stakeholders at different levels in the organization
- willing to take on different topics and actively take the lead to make improvements
- a team player: you enjoy contributing to larger topics in collaboration with colleagues in Finance Business Advise and outside the team e.g. colleagues of the expert teams in Pricing, Risk and product tribes.
- a self-starter and result oriented: you have an entrepreneurial mindset driven by natural curiosity and you find solutions and optimizations in collaboration with all colleagues from different areas and so by challenging your colleagues to bring the results to the next level
Your role & work environment
ING Commercial Finance & Lease is part of ING Domestic Bank NL – Business Banking. Comfin and lease are 2 separate tribes and consists of Sales, Operations and Product Delivery Department. Finance is part of the Comfin Tribe, but works for both tribes.
Including sales, around 170 people work at Comfin&Lease, of which 15 in Finance. This department has a strong functional line with DBNL Finance.
You also work for Supply Chain Finance (Wholesale Banking product).
Working at Comfin&Lease means working in a dynamic culture in which open, direct and informal communication is important and where the focus is on teamwork.
As a Finance Business Advisor you are expected to interact with senior management of the different products, as well have contact with key stakeholders in Finance and the business
Your key responsibilities
You deliver a robust and reliable financial reporting and thoroughly analyse the monthly financial results, to understand and explain towards the management deviations versus budget and changes in trends. Analysis is conducted to support the business for strategic decision making and to further develop their business.
You will participate in the periodic forecast and the dynamic planning process where you will act as a business partner to embed strategic decisions into short and long term projections for your respective business. You take ownership and ensure that irregularities are adequately communicated and dealt with so that the financial reporting can be timely and correctly delivered.
You maintain pricing tools and advice the business on pricing policy, development and improvement of profitability.
In order to be able to perform these activities you make use of complex data. You gather, analyse and evaluate this data and translate this into understandable advice for the business.
We look for
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself. Furthermore, you have:
- Financial Master degree
- Experience in a financial advice position
- Experience in translating complex data into sound and clear advice
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English
- You love to work with numbers and have a genuine interest in banking
- You have a curious attitude and a willingness to learn
- You are not looking for a traditional accounting role, but rather want to make impact as a strategic advisor
- You're a strong conceptual thinker, being able translate analyses into an easy and clear storyline
Rewards and benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Hybrid working to blend home working for focus and office working for collaboration and co-creation
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.