Senior Business Control Specialist
ING is looking for a Senior Business Control Specialist in Amsterdam. Are you the well-rounded, senior professional acting as a sparring partner for management? Then keep on reading!
The tribe | The department
At Tribe Mortgages NL we provide customers with the means to finance the purchase of their family home, and we help manage their living needs afterwards. We do this at scale: ING’s mortgage business is one of the largest lenders in the Netherlands. Besides the opportunity to have a profound impact on our customers’ lives, this also means that it is our duty to serve our customers responsibly: to ensure that our products and their risks are well-understood, to monitor our processes for flaws and mistakes that may impact our customers and to help keep our bank safe & compliant.
As Business Control Officer (Safe Business Officer) you are the go-to expert on Non-Financial Risks in a team of 8. You have a broad knowledge about diverse areas such as Compliance, Operational Risk and Privacy. This allows you to help assess risks in products and processes in close cooperation with your colleagues at Safe Business and Tribe Mortgages NL.
Roles and responsibilities
- You drive the maintenance and evolution of control testing for various frameworks
- You are responsible to translate concepts into clear, effective and efficient ways of monitoring and testing. This helps to ensure that we provide Safe & Compliant service to our customers
- You help drive the transformation of our risk control landscape towards automated testing and data-driven monitoring, and take close interest in the development of appropriate controls in the area of data, monitoring and automation
- You are reposponsible for connect and communicate with colleagues from various departments, ranging from Tribe Mortgages NL, our operations department and other Tribes
- You are the ambassador of a healthy and robust Risk Culture within the Tribe. You drive awareness across various topics, act as sparring partner and proactively provide (risk-related) feedback to your colleagues
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even better version of yourself.
As Senior Business Control Specialist, you are a great planner for both your own work and for your team. You are able to (help) prioritise and see what needs to be done. You bring structure and insights for both for activities you take on yourself and for work which depends on colleagues with whom you work together. Furthermore, you:
- Have bachelor's or master's degree and relevant experience
- Have in-depth knowledge of Dutch mortgage loans-related policies, characteristics, and processes, combined with a strong affinity and/or existing knowledge about Non-Financial Risks
- Are self-starting, and a critical thinker
- Experience with stakeholder management in large organizations; you have excellent communication and collaboration skills and know how to deal well with different interests and stakeholders
- Are meticulous and diligent in your work: you can analyse complex problems and identify the key elements such as risks, root causes and customer impact
- You are a great planner for both your own work and for your team. You are able to (help) prioritise and see what needs to be done. You bring structure and insights for both for activities you take on yourself and for work which depends on colleagues with whom you work together
- Excellent language skills in both Dutch and English
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions here.
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 36 hour workweek
- Individual leave: 24+2 individual holiday days based on 36 hr workweek
- Diversity leave: 3 days per year (1,5 paid, 1,5 unpaid)
- CSR days: up to 2 days per year to actively engage in society by volunteering
- 13th month salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- Mobility card
- Attractive pension scheme
- Hybrid working to blend home working for focus and office working for collaboration and co-creation
Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.
Read more at Working at ING.