Senior DevOps Engineer CoreBank NL
Welcome to the beating heart of the bank! As our newest member of the Corebank NL department, you'll be working on some of the most pressing technological and business challenges that face the financial industry today.
In our IT area, which includes Profile, our Account Management System (AMS), we are responsible for processing millions of transactions a day on our customers' current accounts, savings, and loans. With over 8 million customers, we hold the records for their balances, accounts, and transaction history. It goes without saying that high availability and performance are crucial for us.
But your work won't just impact our own department – a lot of other ING departments, such as online banking, mobile, cards, and payments, depend on the work we do here, and a large part of ING and the Netherlands rely on our work, so we take our responsibilities very seriously.
However, what really sets us apart is our work culture. We prioritize the voices of our engineers, ensuring that they are heard and can influence the technical roadmap. We put people first, supporting personal development and improvement initiatives. Our team members enjoy regular Mastery Days, where they can work on projects that interest them and develop their skills. Frequent social events make sure that we’re not all work and don’t forget to play.
Our social culture is highly collaborative, and we foster an environment where our team members feel at home. We encourage everyone to share their ideas, no matter how new or different, and we are always willing to take the first steps to implement those ideas. Our team members have a strong sense of ownership over the systems they work on and take pride in delivering the best possible service to our customers.
If you're looking for a workplace where you can grow professionally, work collaboratively with other experts, and take on some of the most critical and challenging issues in the financial industry, we would love to hear from you.
Why Join Our CoreBank Platform Team?
At the heart of our organization, the CoreBank Platform Team plays an instrumental role in driving innovation and ensuring the seamless operation of our CoreBank application, a mission-critical system for our clients. As a DevOps Engineer in this team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Shape the Future: Contribute to the evolution and enhancement of our CoreBank platform, driving innovation and efficiency in the financial sector.
- Collaborate with functional teams: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, and gain exposure to the latest technologies and practices.
- Automation Mastery: Lead the automation and optimization of deployment pipelines, ensuring our application is always reliable and scalable.
- GT.m Expertise: Our commitment to your growth includes comprehensive GT.m training if you are new to GT.m. GT.M, an abbreviation for Greystone Technology M, is a high-throughput key–value database engine optimized for transaction processing. The Profile application (Corebank application) is built on top of GT.m as database engine.
- Impact & Responsibility: Participate in on-call support rotation and contribute to incident response and resolution, making a tangible impact on our mission-critical systems.
Join our elite team that defines the backbone of our CoreBank success. We are dedicated to fostering a culture of continuous learning and adaptability, and we will provide you with the resources and support needed to master GT.m and thrive in this role.
This is your chance to take pride in your work, work on mission-critical systems, and be part of a team that shapes the future of our organization.
Roles and Responsibility
- As a member of the platform squad, you will contribute towards the design and automation of various infra, database, testing and monitoring products/service offerings within Corebank. The platform squads cater to multiple stream-aligned squads that deliver on business wishes.
- As a platform engineer, you strive to make life smooth and easy for the stream aligned squads by providing various self-service capabilities and building blocks.
- Next to this, you also take the lead on our High Availability solution and help to take it to the next level. With a continuous improvement mindset, you work on simplifying, innovating, and improving the resilience and availability of the underlying Corebank platform and infrastructure primarily running on BMaaS (BareMetal as a Service) offered in IPC.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
- Proven experience as a (Azure) DevOps Engineer with a strong understanding of CI/CD pipelines, automation tools, and with RHEL.
- An open mindset and a genuine eagerness to learn GT.m.
- Birds eye view of entire stack and strategizing for Performance, capacity & resilience testing.
- Comfortable in setting performance test automation, tooling and APM practices.
- Service minded & automation first approach to facilitate and support several teams in Corebank.
- Hands on experience with setting up and using monitoring tools such as ELK, Prometheus & Grafana.
- Consulting and supporting business on setting NFRs.
- Ops minded and ready to play standby roles.
- Secure by design mindset.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to excel within a cross-functional team.
- Strong learning mindset ready to learn new technologies and pick up new challenging responsibilities.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms like Azure and containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- Hybrid working mode (flexible working from home and office)
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
Contact Fabian Nagy in our TECH recruitment team email@example.com for more information about this role. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.