Full stack engineer at Assisted Channels
Assisted Channels team at ING is looking for a full-stack software engineer with hands-on frontend software development experience, thorough understanding of backend software development, fundamental knowledge on modern software architecture and genuine curiosity.
As a full stack software engineer, you'll work in an international environment in small, multi-skilled autonomous team with end-to-end responsibility of specific software services that power our business.
Role & Responsibilities
- Together with business colleagues, UX designers, visual designers, product owners you build our next generation banking applications used by ING employees in our branches, service points and back offices.
- Creating and hosting workshops and presentations.
- Next to your work in the squad, you also strive to develop yourself in the engineering domain; these learnings contribute to the mastery of other engineers in your team and improve the way of work within the engineering community at ING.
How to succeed
You have great analytical skills and conceptual understanding. You can quickly understand new technical concepts and technology and have a strong interest in and vision of the latest trends in software development and technology. You are experienced in giving presentations and workshops, and in general, have effective communication skills that enable you to explain complex technical concepts to non-engineers. You are fluent in English language (speaking and writing), and you are a team player who likes to join the social events of the squad and ING organisation.
What we are looking for in a full stack engineer:
6+ years of software engineering experience with hands-on front-end and back-end development.
Experience in front-end design patterns and architecture.
Understanding of the concept of web components
Experience with litHTML and litElement is considered a big plus
Strong software development and debugging skills, working in a full-stack environment with REST APIs over HTTP.
Hands-on experience in web testing stack - Karma, Chai, Sinon, Jasmine.
Hands-on experience in developing secure and reliable backend services with Java as the primary language.
Knowledge of Spring framework for back-end systems development
Understanding of web security standards and using them to secure the systems you develop.
Familiarity with modern CI/CD platforms especially Azure DevOps and/or GitHub.
Fluent in English (written and verbal).
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today