UX Designer One Platform
At ING, our mission is to enable individuals and businesses to “do their thing” with confidence, empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. As one of Europe's largest banks, we pride ourselves on our continuous evolution and strive to be a leader in innovation within the banking sector.
ING’s goal is to enable people to “do their thing” and empower them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We are one of the largest banks in Europe and we continuously evolve to become one of the most innovative companies in the banking sector.
Touchpoint, part of the Banking Technology area, is an open technology platform that lies at the heart of a collaborative ecosystem. Where expertise, tools and services are brought together, stimulating value-creating collaboration between producers, consumers and partners. From business owners to engineers, architects, designers, customer journey experts and everyone who likes to turn smart ideas into business opportunities.
Touchpoint not only brings supply and demand together in one marketplace but also allows for innovative business solutions to be developed at a global scale. Serving as a broker for teams across ING and third parties to interact, help and inspire one another, resulting in a network effect that makes it easy to collaborate and accelerates building journeys by reusing components and solutions for a faster time to market and volume.
As a UX Designer in the One Platform team, part of Touchpoint and Banking Technology area, you will join a dynamic group responsible for creating and enhancing the user experience of ING's global technology platform. The team is dedicated to refining the processes necessary for consuming and producing solutions on a global scale, ensuring streamlined and efficient workflows.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work alongside various stakeholders, including product managers, software engineers and other UX professionals, to align design strategies with business goals and technical capabilities.
- Conduct extensive user research and testing to gather insights and feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and improve the user interface of the developer portal, focusing on usability, accessibility, and overall user experience.
- Establish and maintain design standards and guidelines, ensuring a consistent and coherent experience.
- Utilize your engineering expertise to understand technical constraints and possibilities, facilitating effective communication between design and development teams.
How to Succeed
- 5+ years in UX role, bachelor’s degree in the study of user experience, design, research or related fields or equivalent professional experience.
- Demonstrate a hybrid skillset in UX/UI design, coupled with a technical background essential for a high-level understanding of how various solutions are interconnected and the implications for the developer experience.
- Expertise in the UX design process, including workshop facilitation and collaboration techniques.
- Proficiency in using design tools such as Figma
- Ability to manage multiple projects, even in ambiguous situations.
- Excellent storytelling and presentation skills.
- Comfort working in international and cross-functional teams.
Please include a link to your portfolio with your application. It should clearly demonstrate your expertise in UX design, solving complex workflows, visual design, layout, composition, and design system-related topics.
Rewards and benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Hybrid working to blend home working for focus and office working for collaboration and co-creation
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.