Front End Engineer - Financial Markets IPA
Would you like to be part of a journey to become an Elite team? We are looking for a talented Front-End Engineer who is always seeking for opportunities to implement the best engineering practices to join our IPA Front-End team.
IPA Front-End team is composed of highly skilled front-end engineers who are responsible for delivering the ING Pricing Architecture (IPA) portal to enable our colleagues to make the best decision while keeping ING competitive in Financial Markets.
The IPA Portal project is a modern web application developed and maintained using cutting edge technologies and applying trending & selective front-end engineering principles.
When you become a member of it, you will be producing software in an agile team where the integration, delivery pipelines are fully automated and software development process is shifted to the left as much as possible.
Roles and responsibilities
As a Front-End Engineer, you are responsible for
- Learning new methods, technologies, approaches and experimenting with them
- Working side-by-side with UX designers, product owners and other developers to create new features
- Collaborating with colleagues to design REST APIs
- Implementing meaningful test suites for your code
- Developing modern web application features on front-end
- Maintaining existing features
- Performing code reviews
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- +3 years of experience in Web Development
- Strong understanding of how the web works
- Experience with testing technologies and tools like Karma, Cucumber, WebdriverIO, Chai etc.
- Experience with building tools such as Webpack, Rollup, Vite etc.
- Strong understanding of CI & CD
- Experience with Git
- Experience with package managers such as NPM, Yarn
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
- Experience with Web Components
- Experience with Micro Front-end architecture
- Experience with Component Driven Development
- Good understanding of browsers' native Web APIs especially Websockets, Web Workers and Web Storage APIs
- Experience with at least one of the general purpose programming languages such as Java, Python, Go etc.
Rewards and benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
With 57,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.