Senior Python developer
Job opening in Leuven, Belgium
Senior Python developer
InvestSuite is a fast-growing global B2B embedded wealth (front-to-middleware) InvestTech provider. We help financial institutions realize their digital wealth transformation journey and together create the most delightful investing experiences for their customers. We have 15 nationalities building in "international DNA" and clients on 4 continents. We are a place where bankers, creative designers, imagineers, mathematicians, computer & behavioral scientists meet. We are builders and growers, obsessed with innovation and the construction of exciting products that benefit the clients of our clients. We are excited to work at the crossroads of ‘the markets’, investing, economics, deep science (AI & machine learning), finance, design and the digital world. Can there be anything more challenging?
Who are we looking for
- Deploy applications that meet our customer’s highest demands in terms of performance, availability and security
- Design and implement clean and scalable public and internal APIs
- Take full responsibility for certain identified backend support components
Target profile & traits
- Highly driven and committed - you deliver high-quality products within deadlines
- Solution-minded - you avoid politics & find effective ways to get the job done
- Direct and open - you are always willing to share and speak your mind
- Smart and creative - you find creative ways to get things done & accomplish goals
- Customer centric - you seek to delight customers/users with all your work
- Quality-minded - you deliver top quality & expect the same from others
- Naturally curious - you crave new knowledge & best practices about your field
Required skills & experience
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field - or equivalent professional experience
- At least 4 years of Python experience (not counting education)
- Knowledge about / experience with:
- pre-commit (the Python tool, not the git hook)
- type annotations in Python including checks with mypy
- difference between pyproject.toml and setup.cfg
- English fluency - spoken & written
- Proactivity & problem solving skills. Proactive in solving risks and issues in a timely manner, or to re-prioritize on close collaboration with the product owner if required
- Experience with agile project approaches (Scrum)
Other skills & experience we would love to see
- Knowledge & experience with reactive architecture, microservices and containerization technologies such as Docker
- Expertise in writing unit tests and end to end platform integration tests
- Experience with automated build, test and deploy pipelines
- Knowledge of cloud and serverless architectures as well as infrastructure as code
- Passion for technologies for distributed messaging such as Kafka, Akka
- Affinity with financial markets and wealth management
Be part of a growing team of interdisciplinary experts in fields such as: math, software engineering, AI, data science, design and UX. Join us and enjoy:
- An international environment: We have office in Leuven and are present in many countries in EU but also other continents.
- Attractive remuneration: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Self-development: We actively encourage you to join conferences and trainings to improve your knowledge and widen your network.
- Equal opportunity: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, sex, gender identity or expression.
Place of work: InvestSuite office in Leuven, minimum 3 days/week.
How to apply?
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.