Backend Java Engineer
What you’ll be doing & where
Where are you?
Welcome to your future team. As a Backend Java Engineer (employee or freelancer) you will become an indispensable link in the KUBE Team that belongs to our Banking Solutions division headed by Sabrina Defraene.
What you’ll be doing
As a Backend Java Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and overseeing how Isabel Group scales up its corporate data services in the coming years. You will join the KUBE team, which has been transformed recently into a full-fledged product development team to support our scale-up ambitions. This team is on a mission to extend the product beyond its initial scope (as described on www.kube-kyc.be/en) and to drive adoption and generate value in the broader (financial) market.
The KUBE team is set up to cover the full product lifecycle covering product management, legal & compliance, product development and customer success. The team uses a pragmatic agile approach and has a great level of autonomy in how it organizes the work to maximize the value it delivers.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team eager to continue developing KUBE to cover new market segments and become the reference for corporate data services.
• Help build an innovative service inside a stable fintech
• Work in a cross functional team to develop high-quality software using the SCRUM methodology
• Help challenge and clarify requirements
• Assist in the refinement of stories and estimations to prepare the sprint backlog
• Help to maintain and improve code quality using industry best practices and tools
• Assure an appropriate level of documentation is created and kept up-to-date
This is how you appear in our dreams
• passionate about software development
• eager to build innovative solutions
• fluent in English
• a real team player
• analytical thinker
• eager to learn
• able to show at least 5 years of experience on most of the required skills
• someone who takes ownership and accountability
• someone who shows initiative
• applying a continuous improvement mindset
• flexible enough to work with a distributed team
Our future Java developer needs to have knowledge & experience of:
• Scrum methodology
• Clean Code, Clean Architecture
• Git distributed version control system
• Java programming language, version 17 and up
• Spring boot
• Event-Driven architecture, RabbitMQ
• PostgreSQL database
• Kubernetes (Openshift) container orchestration
Desired or nice to have skills
The ideal candidate also has knowledge & experience on following topics, but we’re also happy if you’re motivated to learn these things on the job:
• Domain Driven Design
• GitLab continuous Integration & Delivery
• Restful API design, OpenAPI specification, Swagger
• Istio service mesh
• Behaviour driven development (BDD) using cucumber
• Reactive Programming
• A general interest in security, authentication, encryption and data integrity
What kind of company would you be joining?
Our ultimate goal is to set our customers up for success. They count on us to exchange and process documents, payments and identities in a secure way.
You will like our ambition. Isabel Group is a renowned company, counting more than 25 years of fruitful experience and +350 dedicated people. We are Belgium’s biggest fintech player, delivering software services to more than 2000 European banks, 90.000 companies, more than 3600 accountancy offices and 3.9 million people. And we keep growing.
Our constant focus on innovation is fueled by our passion. Keeping it simple results in delighted customers and our co-workers are offered a safe space to speak their mind and challenge the status quo.
You absolutely deserve this• Flex Income Plan: you have a say in your salary package; you choose the benefits that suit you best
• Laptop, phone and subscription, group and health insurance, meal vouchers
• An annual corporate bonus
• By bus, electric car or bike; we fix the right compensation
• We’d love to see you at least one day in the office. You don’t want to miss fresh fruit and chair massages, do you? That – and more - is our IsaFun!
• We invest in your personal growth by training and coaching
• You work with experienced (fin)tech leaders and solid software tools
• A certified Top Employer bringing together hundreds of driven colleagues