Site Reliability Engineer
LexisNexis Risk Solutions
RiskNarrative, a part of LexisNexis Risk Solutions, has a clear mission to make safe commerce simple by helping protect businesses and consumers across multiple sectors from the threat of Fraud and Financial Crime. RiskNarrative is based in central Leeds and has an open and supportive culture, a great working environment, fantastic benefits package and provides support for ongoing learning.
Site Reliability Engineers are crucial for our business and are key to delivering stable and quality products to our customers. You will be part of a collaborative team working to support industry leading solutions to combat fraud. We are looking for people who are highly motivated and passionate about modern DevOps processes and can support high performant SaaS products. You will cross the divide that exist between software development, testing and operations teams.
Required Skills for the Role:
- AWS Knowledge
- System Administration (essential: Linux (Ubuntu, Amazon Linux), bonus: Windows Server)
- Networking (essential: fundamentals of IPv4, routing, firewalling and load balancing traffic)
- Cloud (essential: AWS fundamentals, bonus: AWS experience or certification, Serverless)
- Databases (desirable: PostgreSQL and SQL Server, bonus: Aurora)
- CI/CD (essential: deep understanding of theory and concepts, bonus: experience with GitHub Actions)
- Infrastructure as Code (essential: Terraform or CloudFormation fundamentals, bonus: Serverless Framework)
- Containerisation (essential: Docker, bonus: experience with ECS/Fargate)
- Scripting (essential: Bash, bonus: Python)
- Observability (essential: understanding of The Three Pillars of Observability, bonus: Grafana Cloud experience)
- Customer-first mindset
- Big picture thinking
- Self-drive and motivation to constantly learn and try new things
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Adopt modern DevOps approaches to deployment and maintenance of infrastructure and products to reduce the time between committing a change to a system and the change being placed in production, whilst ensuring high quality.
- Automate and improve development and release processes.
- Support and troubleshoot any platform/infrastructure issues.
- Work closely with the Security team to ensure that the platform is secure by design, compliant and meets all the requirements to protect customer data and ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Working with software developers and architect to design and operate a robust, scalable, and stable architecture that can handle huge volumes of data.
- Adhere to company policies and any other reasonable management instructions as required by and for the business.
Other Job Requirements
Personality: An individual who takes pride in their work and is motivated to deliver, whilst being comfortable collaborating as an integrated team member.
Experience: Proven, practical work experience in a relevant business and/or role is preferred, understanding of Data, Credit, Fraud and Financial Crime is desirable but not essential.
RiskNarrative operates as a recognised innovative leader in our field which means the scope of the role and the tasks and responsibilities will continue to evolve as the business grows and the demands require. We are a passionate team who see development as a creative and challenging endeavour and are looking for like-minded people to join us, get involved, take on tasks, be part of the team and work with us to deliver truly world beating products. RiskNarrative has an open and supportive culture, a great working environment, a fantastic benefits package and provides support for ongoing learning.
What we offer
Employee benefit scheme includes:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Income Protection
- Training and development
- Holiday allowance 25 days plus 8 bank holidays
- Leeds city centre office location with great transport links, food and entertainment
- Team social events and perks