Software Engineer III
LexisNexis Risk Solutions
LexisNexis® Risk Solutions is a premier global data and analytics company that includes seven brands that span multiple industries. Our brands provide customers with innovative technologies, information-based analytics, decisioning tools and data management services that help them solve problems, make better decisions, stay compliant, reduce risk, and improve operations. LexisNexis is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers. Our products are continually evolving, and that’s where you can help.
- Mentoring scheme for women in technology,
- Women’s network forum,
- regularly run events for schools about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of girls in technology.
BASIC FUNCTIONS: This position performs moderately complex research, design, and software development assignments within a software functional area or product line. This position should have the ability to work on the individual pieces of work and solve problems including the designs of the program flow of individual pieces of code, effective coding and unit testing.
• 5 years of Software Engineering experience
• BE/BTech Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
- Strong proficiency with data manipulation language including optimization techniques.
- Strong understanding of normalized/dimensional data modeling principles.
- Strong knowledge of multiple data storage subsystems.
- Basic/intermediate knowledge on AWS/GCP, Terraform, Github/Gitlab, Graylog, Grafana, Radius
- Strong research skills.
- Strong knowledge in industry best practices in development.
- Knowledge in using and developing applicable tool sets.
- Ability to interface competently with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources.
- Knowledge of test-driven development.
- Ability to write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Ability to complete complex bug fixes.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Work closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
- Train entry-level software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- All other duties as assigned.
· Group Health Insurance Policy (covering self and family)
· Group Life insurance/accident policy
· Generous long-service awards
· New Baby gift
Women in tech
LexisNexis Risk Solutions is supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. We help scientists make new discoveries, doctors and nurses improve the lives of patients and lawyers win cases. We prevent online fraud and money laundering and help insurance companies evaluate and predict risk. Our events enable customers to learn about markets, source products and complete transactions. In short, we enable our customers to make better decisions, get better results and be more productive. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of which around 1/4th are technologists.
We want RELX to be a great place to work, where our employees feel valued, have equal opportunities and benefit from pay equality, regardless of their gender, gender identity, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age or disability status. Inclusion and diversity are important to our future. We need the engagement of people from a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and ideas to achieve real innovation for our customers around the world.
About LexisNexis Risk Solutions
LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group is a portfolio of brands that span multiple industries providing customers with innovative technologies, information-based analytics and decision tools and data services. Our brands provide market-specific solutions that help our customers solve problems, make better decisions, stay compliant, reduce risk and improve their operations.
Serving customers in more than 180 countries, we employ approximately 9,700 people. We are part of RELX, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers. We have offices in 24 countries around the world.