Software Engineer I
LexisNexis Risk Solutions
This role is part of the 2024 Technology Graduate Program. Individuals selected for the program will be an 18-month learning opportunity; exposed to two 9-month rotations, with one opportunity in Data Development or Information Security and the other in Business Technology Development and Enterprise Support. During the program, those selected will be exposed to our exciting tech stack, proprietary HPCC coding language, cloud transition projects (AWS and Azure), .Net, Java, and/or Python languages. They will support our business markets in Insurance, Business Services, Healthcare, and Government and contribute to new and existing products. Each individual will be assigned a mento, will receive quarterly performance feedback sessions, participate in Toastmasters, and have many other opportunities. Below are highlights of the key responsibilities of the role
BASIC FUNCTIONS: This entry-level position performs basic software development assignments within a specific software functional area or product line.
Graduated May 2024 with a BS Engineering/Computer Science
• Basic knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
• Basic knowledge of data manipulation languages.
• Basic understanding of data modeling principles.
• Knowledge of data storage subsystems.
• Knowledge of test-driven development.
• Ability and desire to learn new processes and technologies.
• Basic oral and written communications skills.
Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of simple complexity.
Complete simple bug fixes.
Under the guidance of senior-level engineers, successfully implement development processes, coding best practices and code reviews.
• Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
• Resolve basic technical issues as necessary.
• Keep abreast of new technology developments.
• All other duties as assigned.