Senior Software Engineer - Java - REMOTE USA (EST/CST)
LexisNexis Risk Solutions
About the business:
LexisNexis Risk Solutions provides customers with solutions and decision tools that combine public and industry specific content with advanced technology and analytics to assist them in evaluating and predicting risk and enhancing operational efficiency. We use the power of data and advanced analytics to help our customers make better, timelier decisions. By bringing clarity to information, we ultimately help make communities safer, insurance rates more accurate, commerce more transparent, business decisions easier and processes more efficient. You can learn more about LexisNexis Risk at the link below, https://risk.lexisnexis.com/.
About our team:
The Healthcare Technology Team is an amazing team to work with focused on providing products, services, and data that allow healthcare systems to operate better and create healthier communities. The talent in the Healthcare Technology Team is exemplary and enables the team to resolve challenges quickly and meet client timelines.
There are a series of small innovation pilots where the team is proactively exploring modern technologies and new methodologies to enable faster delivery of the go to market strategies. This provides a reinvigorating experience for the teams. The Healthcare Technology Team combines the technical prowess of engineers and architects coupled with domain experts in product and analytics all under the guidance of strong and adaptable leadership.
The Healthcare Technology Leadership team is great at collaborating and communication. All the technology leaders deeply believe in empowering the teams to make decisions and take ownership of their work. The leaderships commitment to these beliefs fosters trust and comradery between the team members. There is a culture of continuous learning and development that comes from top down which encourages everyone to safely reach outside of their comfort zone allowing everyone to contribute to makes this a great team.
About the job:
• Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
• Strong proficiency with data manipulation language including optimization techniques.
• Strong understanding of normalized/dimensional data modeling principles.
• Strong knowledge of multiple data storage subsystems.
• Experience in the following is a plus: Cloud (Azure, AWS), Spring 5 or above, Maven, CI/CD (GitHub, Jenkins), Shell Scripting, IaC (Terraform), Containerization (docker, K8s)
• Strong research skills.
• Strong knowledge in industry best practices in development.
• Knowledge in using and developing applicable tool sets.
• Ability to interface competently with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
• Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources.
• Knowledge of test-driven development.
• Ability to write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
• Ability to complete complex bug fixes.
• Good oral and written communications skills.
You’ll be responsible for:
• Interfacing with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
• Writing and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
• Completing complex bug fixes.
• Working closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
• Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
• Operating in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
• Resolving complex technical issues as necessary.
• Training entry-level software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
• Keeping abreast of new technology developments.
• Designing and work with complex data models.
• Mentoring less-senior software developers on development methodologies and optimization techniques.
• All other duties as assigned.
• 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
Women in Technology
LexisNexis Risk is supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
· Mentoring scheme for women in technology,
· Women’s network forum, regularly run events for schools about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of girls in technology
Culture and benefits:
Learn more about the LexisNexis Risk team and how we work here