Senior Energy Market Reporter
LexisNexis Risk Solutions
At ICIS, our mission is to optimize the world’s resources. We help companies make strategic, sustainable decisions by bringing transparency to markets across the world. We create a comprehensive view of commodities markets, providing companies with the data and intelligence to successfully navigate across global value chains every day. Our customers benefit from instant access to price assessments, reports and forecasts, a dedicated news channel and supply and demand data. You can learn more about ICIS at the link below. https://www.icis.com/explore/
Senior Energy Market Reporter
The ICIS energy content creation team is a high-performing global team of editors and analysts responsible for creation of energy market content, including price assessments, forecasts, news, analysis and commentary. Individuals across the team are encouraged to develop a specialism while building up their wider knowledge of commodities markets. The team is international, supportive, inclusive and diverse in its knowledge base.
We are looking for an experienced senior energy market reporter to join our Editorial team in the heart of The City, London, to cover European gas and electricity markets.
You will have experience writing news and analysis and engaging with your long-established contacts.
As part of a team that produces leading gas and power price benchmarks in Europe, you will break news, assess prices and produce analytical content for our expert audience. You thrive on analysing data and markets, and explaining what your findings mean for our customers through insightful content.
You will maintain the high profile of ICIS by travelling to industry events, potentially in a speaking capacity, and visiting key market participants. You will develop the capacity to promote the ICIS TTF and NBP natural gas benchmarks and explain their role across the international markets.
Collaborating closely with other business functions at ICIS and contribute ideas for new coverage and services, to expand the ICIS business and meet our customers’ evolving needs.
You will further establish your expertise at a vital time of global transition in the energy sector.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Daily coverage of a portfolio of energy markets in Europe
- Writing insightful, compelling news and market analysis, and assessing prices
- Building and nurturing an international network of industry contacts
- Reporting on complex topics in an engaging and timely manner, including through data visualizations
Skills and behaviours we look for:
- An inquisitive mind and enthusiasm to learn
- Knowledge of how energy markets function
- Prior experience of price reporting beneficial
- High degree of numerical accuracy and ability to maintain and exploit data sets
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent written and spoken English. European languages would be an advantage but not essential
Culture and benefits:
Learn more about the LexisNexis Risk team and how we work here