Sofware Engineer III
LexisNexis Risk Solutions
Would you like to be part of a team that delivers high-quality software to our customers?
Are you a highly visible champion with a ‘can do’ attitude and enthusiasm that inspires others?
About the Role
This role performs complex research, design, and software development assignments within a software functional area or product line, and provides direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the development of cross-functional software products. This role performs software design — typically across multiple systems; mentors more-junior members of the team; and talks to users/customers and translates their requests into solutions.
About the Team:
Generally, the team is form in Squad where each squad consist of Squad Lead, Business Analyst, Dev lead, Developers and Testers. This Squad structure provides more connectivity among team members and allows us to deliver faster as all resources work as one group on dedicated tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field that requires analytical and logical skills (e.g., software engineering / computer science), OR equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years’ software engineering experience (writing code professionally)
- Advanced knowledge on Java & Spring framework including Springboot.
- Scripting using Python with either of Node.js or React JS is required.
- Should have worked with Stream oriented architecture and Microservices.
- Knowledge of SQL and Postgres is must
- Tools used for Development of Microservices like Maven, Redis, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes is good to have
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
- Strong proficiency with data manipulation language including optimization techniques.
- Strong understanding of normalized/dimensional data modeling principles.
- Strong knowledge of multiple data storage subsystems.
- Strong research skills.
- Strong knowledge in industry best practices in development.
- Knowledge in using and developing applicable tool sets.
- Ability to interface competently with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources.
- Knowledge of test-driven development.
- Ability to write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Ability to complete complex bug fixes.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- The lead role will be working 60% as individual contribution and remaining time will be performing lead activities as code-review and mentoring for the direct reportees.
- Design, write, test and deploy production-ready code primarily using Java & Springboot.
- Be an active member of the technical team, contribute ideas and insight in standups and meetings, ask questions, review pull requests, analyze bugs and fixes, and help users and teammates.
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Complete complex bug fixes.
- Work closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
- Train entry-level software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- Design and work with complex data models.
- Mentor less-senior software developers on development methodologies and optimization techniques.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Group Health Insurance Policy (covering self and family)
- Group Life insurance/accident policy
- Generous long-service awards
- New Baby gift
About Us –
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.
We help scientists make new discoveries, doctors and nurses improve the lives of patients and lawyers win cases. We prevent online fraud and money laundering and help insurance companies evaluate and predict risk. Our events enable customers to learn about markets, source products and complete transactions. In short, we enable our customers to make better decisions, get better results and be more productive. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of which around 1/4th are technologists.
Our workforce of over 33,000 people has an average length of service of 9 years. Our people team is responsible for recruiting talented individuals and helping them develop in their role. We provide innovative learning and development opportunities for our employees and work with them to create an inclusive culture that enables a high-performing and engaged workforce.
We want RELX to be a great place to work, where our employees feel valued, have equal opportunities and benefit from pay equality, regardless of their gender, gender identity, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability status. Inclusion and diversity are important to our future. We need the engagement of people from a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas to achieve real innovation for our customers around the world.
About LexisNexis Risk Solutions
LexisNexis® Risk Solutions includes seven brands that span multiple industries. The LexisNexis Risk Solutions go-to-market brand and our six Data Services brands provide customers with innovative technologies, information-based analytics, decisioning tools and data management services that help customers solve problems, make better decisions, stay compliant, reduce risk, and improve operations. Approximately 10,000 employees throughout the world support our brands by serving customers in more than 180 countries. LexisNexis Risk Solutions is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. For more information, please visit www.risk.lexisnexis.com and www.relx.com.
Apply today, or to learn more about opportunities with LexisNexis Risk Solutions or RELX Global, join us here: