Financial Systems Engineer
LexisNexis Risk Solutions
About the business: LexisNexis Risk Solutions provides customers with solutions and decision tools that combine public and industry specific content with advanced technology and analytics to assist them in evaluating and predicting risk and enhancing operational efficiency. We use the power of data and advanced analytics to help our customers make better, timelier decisions. By bringing clarity to information, we ultimately help make communities safer, insurance rates more accurate, commerce more transparent, business decisions easier and processes more efficient. You can learn more about LexisNexis Risk at the link below, https://risk.lexisnexis.com/.
About our team: The Vital Chek Corporate Finance team is built on the foundation of integrity, helpfulness, and strong interaction. We believe in conducting ourselves with honesty, transparency and ethical behavior in all aspects of our work. We invite you to explore a career opportunity with us.
About the job: We are looking for a skilled Senior Financial Systems Analyst who will be responsible for supporting, designing, and enhancing financial systems solutions. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in financial data analysis, excellent problem-solving skills, and a deep understanding of financial reporting tools and technologies.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Utilizing expertise in Power BI Desktop, SQL query language, Microsoft Power Query, Power BI Reporting Services, and DAX to develop insightful and interactive financial reports and dashboards.
- Building Ad Hoc SQL queries to build financial reporting data sets.
- Designing, develop, and maintain tabular data models within Power BI or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to gather and analyze business requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Providing expertise in Microsoft Excel for financial data analysis, programming, and reporting.
- Troubleshooting and resolve issues related to financial systems and reporting tools.
- BS BA or equivalent in Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Financial Analyst or similar role.
- Proficiency in Power BI, SQL query language, Microsoft Power Query, Power BI Reporting Services, DAX, and Microsoft Excel.
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining tabular data models within Power BI or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Strong understanding of financial processes and systems in a business context.
Additional Beneficial Skills:
- Ability to use Microsoft Visual Studio for development.
- Ability to use GitHub for source control.
- Experience using Microsoft Power Apps and Power Automate for process automation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with team members and stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Advanced knowledge of financial modeling and forecasting techniques
Culture and benefits:
Learn more about the LexisNexis Risk team and how we work here