LexisNexis Risk Solutions
Database Site Reliability Engineer
Would you like to be part of a team that delivers high-quality software to our customers?
Are you a highly visible champion with a ‘can do’ attitude and enthusiasm that inspires others?
About the Role:
- We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Database Site Reliability Engineer with a focus on Azure cloud migration to join our dynamic team.
- As a key member of our organization, you will play a critical role in ensuring the seamless transition of our business-critical applications and databases to the Azure cloud infrastructure and maintenance of the same post migration.
About the Requirements:
Overall Work Exp: 5+ Years
Essential Skills and Attributes-
- Professional experience of working within the public cloud – Primarily Azure with AWS beneficial
- Use of Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform.
- Continuous Integration/Delivery Tools such as Github Actions
- Coding and scripting experience such as Bash, Python, etc.
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible
- Hands-on experience of Linux servers, including support and troubleshooting
- Experience working with containerised workloads such as Docker and orchestration via Kubernetes.
- Previous analytic and troubleshooting experience is required.
- Cloud architecture and system design to solve key business problems and facilitate team goals.
- Professional experience of supporting a variety of RDBMS products in an enterprise environment – Specifically MySQL, Postgres, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Hands on experience of working within the public cloud such as AWS or Azure and associated DBaaS technologies such as Remote Database Services or Azure SQL.
- Proven ability to deep dive issues that involve database infrastructure, and subsequent fixes or optimization.
- Enterprise Database monitoring experience using native tools.
- Experiencing of developing, displaying and maintaining metrics for areas such as performance or reporting purposes.
- A demonstratable track record of researching new or alternative database technologies and making recommendations to drive change.
- Proven and enthusiastic technologist, able to demonstrate a broad technical knowledge.
- Experience of leading projects, from design through to implementation.
- Ability to act as a point of expertise, advise others in the team on best practice and impart knowledge.
- Experience migrating databases from on-premises to public cloud. Use of orchestration tools such as Terraform, Ansible or CloudFormation
- Knowledge of change control and associated procedures.
- Familiarity with Log Management tools e.g – Elastic Stack, Graylog or Splunk
- Good knowledge of enterprise level networking and concepts (TCP/IP, VPNs, Firewalls).
- Further public cloud knowledge and practical skills, around services such as computing (e.g. EC2), storage (e.g. S3, EBS), security (e.g. SGs, NACL), etc.
- System administration of Linux / Windows.
- System and application monitoring experience – e.g. Nagios, CloudWatch, Grafana, Prometheus etc.
- Use of orchestration tools such as Terraform, Ansible or CloudFormation
- Experience migrating application from on-premises to public cloud.
- Experience with Blue-Green deployment methodologies.
- Continuous Integration/Delivery tools - e.g Gitlab or Jenkins.
- Experience working with containerized workloads such as Docker.
- Experience with Log Management tools e.g – Elastic Stack, Graylog or Splunk
- Experience working with an enterprise RDBMS such as MySQL and/or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Knowledge of change control and associated procedures.
- Use of Secret Management services e.g - Hashicorp Vault
- Experience with any high-level programming language.
About the Responsibilities:
- Delivery of resilient application stacks via "Infrastructure as Code" and other DevOps practices
- Monitoring and on-going support of critical, high revenue business applications
- Diagnosis and resolution of complex system and application issues
- Working with diverse technical and non-technical teams, including Development, QA, IT Operations, Customer Operations and Project Management teams
- Write and maintain systems / application documentation for technical and non-technical.
- Setting up and provisioning of new cloud-based environments
- Diagnosis and resolution of complex database issues.
- Working with diverse technical and non-technical teams, including Development, QA, IT Operations, Customer Operations and Project Management teams.
- Write and maintain DBA documentation for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Train junior-level staff as necessary, ensuring they are up to speed on critical processes and technologies.
- Responsible for installation of new database infrastructure and equipment, as well as monitoring its stability.
- Responsible for pro-actively keeping on top of security updates and making recommendations to apply major version upgrades.
- This position requires On-Call rotation for off-peak hours and is expected to cover out-of-hour maintenance activities when required.
- Group Health Insurance Policy (covering self and family)
- Group Life insurance/accident policy
- Generous long-service awards
- New Baby gift
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.
We help scientists make new discoveries, doctors and nurses improve the lives of patients and lawyers win cases. We prevent online fraud and money laundering, and help insurance companies evaluate and predict risk. Our events enable customers to learn about markets, source products and complete transactions. In short, we enable our customers to make better decisions, get better results and be more productive. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of which around 1/4th are technologists.
We want RELX to be a great place to work, where our employees feel valued, have equal opportunities and benefit from pay equality, regardless of their gender, gender identity, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age or disability status. Inclusion and diversity are important to our future. We need the engagement of people from a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and ideas to achieve real innovation for our customers around the world.
About LexisNexis Risk Solutions
LexisNexis® Risk Solutions includes seven brands that span multiple industries. The LexisNexis Risk Solutions go-to-market brand and our six Data Services brands provide customers with innovative technologies, information-based analytics, decisioning tools and data management services that help customers solve problems, make better decisions, stay compliant, reduce risk, and improve operations. Approximately 10,000 employees throughout the world support our brands by serving customers in more than 180 countries. LexisNexis Risk Solutions is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. For more information, please visit www.risk.lexisnexis.com and www.relx.com.
Apply today, or to learn more about opportunities with LexisNexis Risk Solutions or RELX Global, join us here: