LexisNexis Risk Solutions
About the business
LexisNexis Risk Solutions provides customers with solutions and decision tools that combine public and industry specific content with advanced technology and analytics to assist them in evaluating and predicting risk and enhancing operational efficiency. We use the power of data and advanced analytics to help our customers make better, timelier decisions. By bringing clarity to information, we ultimately help make communities safer, insurance rates more accurate, commerce more transparent, business decisions easier and processes more efficient. You can learn more about LexisNexis Risk solutions at the link below, https://risk.lexisnexis.com/.
About the team
RiskNarrative, a part of LexisNexis Risk Solutions, has a clear mission to make safe commerce simple by helping protect businesses and consumers across multiple sectors from the threat of Fraud and Financial Crime.
About the role
The Data Services Team is a new and exciting team in RiskNarrative paving the way for integrating data into all business functions. The team is responsible for all internal and external data reporting and analytics, working closely with internal teams to make data driven decisions and support in data requirements. We are looking for a proactive and detail-oriented team player who is excited about upskilling and championing projects. If you employ a “work smarter not harder” attitude, look for creative solutions to complex problems, and are excited about telling stories with data, this is the team for you.
You'll be responsible for
- Designing and implementing engaging, interactive, and user-friendly dashboards in BI tools such as Metabase and Quicksight.
- Working closely with the DBA & product teams to integrate data from various source systems in an optimised and structured format.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams and engaging with various internal and external stakeholders to establish reporting requirements.
- Communicating to technical and non-technical audiences both verbally and in writing.
- Taking ownership of assigned initiatives and being proactive in seeking clarity where needed to drive work to completion.
- Producing ad hoc analysis to support customer and product teams.
- Being proactive and diligent around documentation and knowledge sharing.
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages
- Confidence with SQL
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets.
- Strong understanding of relational database principles and knowledge of MI /BI solutions.
- Experience in AWS Quicksight
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics.
Women in technology:
LexisNexis® Risk Solutions is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 26.2% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
- Mentoring scheme for women in technology
- Women’s network forum
- Regularly run events for schools girl about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of girls in tech.
RSG proudly support the Tech Talent Charter.
Culture and benefits:
Learn more about the LexisNexis Risk team and how we work here