Senior Software Engineer II
LexisNexis Risk Solutions
Senior Software Engineer II
About the business: LexisNexis Risk Solutions provides customers with solutions and decision tools that combine public and industry specific content with advanced technology and analytics to assist them in evaluating and predicting risk and enhancing operational efficiency. We use the power of data and advanced analytics to help our customers make better, timelier decisions. By bringing clarity to information, we ultimately help make communities safer, insurance rates more accurate, commerce more transparent, business decisions easier and processes more efficient. You can learn more about LexisNexis Risk at the link below, https://risk.lexisnexis.com/.
About our team:
You will be joining a highly energetic team tasked with developing vital records software. Our team comprises talented individuals with diverse skill sets, all united by a passion for technology and innovation. Each member contributes unique skills and experiences, combining to form an incredible force in software development. We adopt the best practices and the latest solutions for our vital records partners and are committed to delivering high-quality, innovative software solutions. Our product, named DAVE, is currently being used by 15 states. Our mission extends beyond simple software development; we aim to build solutions that enhance efficiency, drive innovation, and solve complex problems for each jurisdiction. We believe in open communication and collaboration, both within our team and with our clients and stakeholders. This ensures that we are consistently aligned with your needs and working towards the same goals.
About the job: This position performs complex research, design, and software development assignments within a software functional area or product line, and provides direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the development of cross-functional software products. This position performs software design — typically across multiple systems; mentors more-junior members of the team; and talks to users/customers and translates their requests into solutions.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Interfacing with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Writing and reviewing portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Completing complex bug fixes.
- Working closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Operating in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Resolving complex technical issues as necessary.
- Training entry-level software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
- Keeping abreast of new technology developments.
- Designing and work with complex data models.
- Mentoring less-senior software developers on development methodologies and optimization techniques.
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required\
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
- Strong proficiency with data manipulation language including optimization techniques.
- Strong understanding of normalized/dimensional data modeling principles.
- Strong knowledge of multiple data storage subsystems.
- Strong research skills.
- Strong knowledge in industry best practices in development.
- Knowledge in using and developing applicable tool sets.
- Ability to interface competently with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources.
- Knowledge of test-driven development.
- Ability to write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Ability to complete complex bug fixes.
Good oral and written communications skills.
Learn more about the LexisNexis Risk team and how we work here.