Senior Full Stack Software Engineer- Java/AWS/XQuery - REMOTE EST/CST time zones
LexisNexis Risk Solutions
SR. FULLSTACK SOFTWARE ENGINEER – JAVA/AWS/XQUERY
REMOTE – EST/CST time zone – OR commutable our Chicago, IL location
About the business:
LexisNexis Risk Solutions provides customers with solutions and decision tools that combine public and industry specific content with advanced technology and analytics to assist them in evaluating and predicting risk and enhancing operational efficiency. We use the power of data and advanced analytics to help our customers make better, timelier decisions. By bringing clarity to information, we ultimately help make communities safer, insurance rates more accurate, commerce more transparent, business decisions easier and processes more efficient. You can learn more about LexisNexis Risk at the link below, https://risk.lexisnexis.com/.
About our team:
The Team is responsible for building and expanding a leading cloud-based Data Management Platform. The Platform utilizes the most cutting-edge services available in AWS ecosystem and pairs it with the flexibility of NoSQL database solution to support compliant and assured client transactions. Through data and analytics that spans financial crime screening, payment services, and benefits compliance, we create unmatched confidence and efficiency for our clients to enable financial inclusion while identifying illicit financial activity and fraudulent players. If you share our values, take the opportunity to think big, aim high, and explore more. We are part of the LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group company, the nation’s leading provider of identification and credential verification services.
About the job:
Senior Software Engineer will be playing a key role in designing and developing Data, API, and Web solutions for our Data Platform. As a senior member of the team this individual should be experienced in software design, development, testing, deployment, instrumentation, support, and the latest tooling available in the Software Development and Agile space. The Senior Software Engineer will be a critical part in not only developing our solutions but also ensuring our technology platform remains modern and responsive to the changing technology ecosystem.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Serve as internal champion in code quality, reuse, and extensibility, be a Java subject matter expert.
- Work closely with architecture & other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Contribute to User Story writing and reviews to ensure software design tasks are accurately captured.
- Research and recommend for implementation any emerging techniques or technologies that might improve the quality and efficiency of our products.
- Train entry-level software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience in Java environment.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, and automated testing.
- Experience with designing, building, and deploying scalable, highly available systems.
- Experience working with NoSQL Databases.
- Advanced skills with XQuery, XML, JSON.
- Expert-level development experience using Java and RESTful Web Services.
- Strong understanding of SOA and API concepts, including security.
- Advanced skills with XQuery, XML, JSON.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Experience with DevOps, automation, and configuration management using tools such as Puppet, Jenkins, and GitHub.
- Strong knowledge in industry best practices in development.
- Familiarity with Amazon cloud-based services and the Linux operating system.
Women in Technology
LexisNexis Risk is supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
- Mentoring scheme for women in technology,
- Women’s network forum, regularly run events for schools about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of girls in technology
Culture and benefits:
Learn more about the LexisNexis Risk team and how we work here