Senior Managing Consultant, Advisors Client Services, Strategy & Transformation
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummarySenior Managing Consultant, Advisors Client Services, Strategy & TransformationSenior Managing Consultant, Advisors – Strategy & Transformation
Advisors Client Services, Data & Services
Mastercard Data & Services provides cutting-edge data analysis and services to Fortune 500s, governments, and nonprofits to make multimillion-dollar business decisions and grow their organizations. Our Advisors Client Services team combines traditional management consulting with Mastercard’s rich data assets, proprietary platforms, and technologies to provide clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Mastercard Advisors works with a diverse global customer base across industries, from banking and payments to retail and restaurants.
The Advisors Client Services group has five specializations: Strategy & Transformation, Performance Analytics, Business Experimentation, Marketing, and Program Management. Our Strategy & Transformation consultants lead clients through impactful decision-making as they tackle strategic, tactical, operational, and transformational business challenges. They apply a broad set of problem-solving techniques to improve the client’s overall strategy, performance, and operations.
Positions for different specializations and levels are available in separate job postings. Please review our consulting specializations to learn more about all opportunities and apply for the position that is best suited to your background and experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Lead complex client engagements across a range of industries and problem statements
• Direct the development of strategies and programs for regional and global clients by leveraging data and technology solutions to unlock client value
• Own senior client relationships from mid-level to C-suite to drive commercial success
• Serve as a trusted client business advisor and generate enthusiasm for the Mastercard team and our recommendations
Team Collaboration & Culture
• Guide team through complex problem solving to business-focused solutions and recommendations that drive client value
• Motivate the project delivery team to produce superior quality deliverables, and create a collaborative and inclusive environment for all levels
• Own relationship with internal Mastercard stakeholders including Product and Business Development to scope projects, create relevant solutions for clients, and build the firm's intellectual capital
• Lead on-the-job training, coaching, and mentorship to both direct and outside team members
• Undergraduate degree with work experience in consulting, corporate strategy, business intelligence, business line management, or product management
• Experience coaching and leading teams across large, strategic consulting engagements that involve structured problem solving and stakeholder management
• Experience leading senior client relationships
• Deep knowledge of business KPIs, financials, and organizational leadership
• Ability to identify new business development opportunities, and experience leading proposal development and scoping of new opportunities
• Experience generating new knowledge or creating innovative solutions for a firm
• Logical, structured thinking, and affinity for numerical analysis
• Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
• Ability to lead multiple projects and clients in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Ability to communicate effectively in English and the local office language (if applicable)
• Eligibility to work in the country where you are applying, as well as apply for travel visas as required by travel needs
• Relevant industry expertise
• MBA or master’s degree with relevant specialization (not required)
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.