Managing Consultant, Business Development, Sales & Servicing, Data and Services
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummaryManaging Consultant, Business Development, Sales & Servicing, Data and ServicesOverview
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. Main client verticals for D&S include Retail & Commerce, Digital Partnerships, Financial Institutions, and Government.
• Responsible for business development and ongoing account ownership for Data & Services within the Retail & Commerce Segment (e.g. Restaurants, Travel & Hospitality, and/or Government/Public Sector) with direct sales and customer success responsibilities.
• Will serve as the face of Mastercard D&S to senior/c-suite client stakeholders
• Responsible for driving coordination within Demand Generation, Marketing, Solutions, Product, and Delivery teams across D&S business lines and value propositions
• Responsible for setting the commercial agenda for assigned territory
• Will partner with segment leads of Mastercard US Market Development to develop a plan to support their strategic imperatives and revenue objectives
• Will collaborate closely with delivery teams to optimize go to market efforts and to ensure best-in-class value delivery
All About You
• Must have a desire to learn and a high aptitude for cloud-based platforms, data-driven solutions, statistical analyses, and customer loyalty concepts.
• Must have 5+ years of consultative sales experience, preferably in professional services, software as a service, and/or a background in data driven solution selling.
• Must have a strong commercial drive with the ability to build and monetize senior client relationships based on thought leadership, customer empathy, and projected solution impact
• Must have the ability to own and drive end-to-end sales including initial prospecting, engagement scoping, business case development, contract development, client negotiation, legal sign-off, signed contract, and project kickoff
• You are tenacious, with a collaborative attitude and an understanding of how to win as a team
• You are a strong networker, able to navigate to influencers and decision makers that are willing to invest in foundational change to their business.
• You have the ability to listen, build common ground and influence across a relevant stakeholder base in order to effectively advance business opportunities and generate revenues
• Knowledge of consumer and commercial payments market is a plus
• Comfort with macro-economic concepts and corporate finance is a plus
Purchase Salary Range: $132,000 -$206, 000In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.