Software Engineer II, Quality Assurance
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummarySoftware Engineer II, Quality AssuranceOverview
Interested in building the next generation platform that empowers end-to-end marketing campaign management inclusive of audience targeting and campaign execution and measurement? The overarching goal of data-driven marketing is to deliver the right content, to the right person, at the right time.
We are growing rapidly in Mastercard's Atlanta location, and if you wish to be part of this Priceless® experience, read below.
The Integrated Marketing Platform (IMP) team is looking for a Software Development Engineer to provide technical ownership, with an emphasis on engineering quality and on-time delivery.
The ideal candidate has expertise in validating enterprise application using new and emerging automated testing frameworks. The person will get a chance to validate enterprise solutions and transform the way Mastercard automates, optimize and innovate digital marketing life cycle.
In this role, you will:
• Develop and test Java microservices using Java Spring Boot framework.
• Interact with business and development stakeholders to define test plans and schedules
• Translate complex system requirements and specs into test requirements and testing methods
• Identify and implement complex automation efforts, including refactoring of automation code where needed
• Work closely with software engineers to build quality in, ensuring proper test and requirement coverage, configuration quality, monitoring, early performance testing
• Generate test data for defined test cases, recognize test environment preparation needs, and execute existing test plans and report results
• Participate in project-level reviews, walkthroughs and inspections, and conduct test reviews, including test plans, requirements, cases and automation coverage
• Document performance test strategies and test plans, and execute performance validation
• Collect quality metric data and communicate test status/risks to stakeholders
• Closely adhere to quality standards and assist team members in validating application functionality through the implementation of test strategies, frameworks, tools, reports, etc.
• Assist in planning and documenting test strategies and acceptance criteria based on customer needs
• Participate in requirements review, story elaborations and testing activities
• Design, code, and construct automation tests; escalate issues during testing
• Provide automation tests for operations teams to use in Ci/Cd automated quality gates
All About you
The ideal candidate for this position expected to have:
• Relevant experience in automation test development with understanding of market leading automation tools such as Selenium and UFT
• Experience in testing of SOAP and REST based webservices
• Expertise with Webservices automation in tools like SOAP UI, SOATEST, RESTAssured, POSTMAN
• Prior development experience in one of the following:
• Java, Spring Boot and Microservices (REST API), or
• Modern web development in React and/or Angular (2+), NodeJS, GraphQL etc.
• Experience in advanced code development, code review, and construction and use of automation frameworks
• Experience in building automation frameworks, acceptance and integration test automation scripts
• Successfully developed high quality test strategies and text execution; recognized test environment preparation needs
• Ability to analyze application logs and assist engineers by utilizing basic debugging techniques
• Successfully led multiple test paths simultaneously
• Successfully validated one or more applications via automation, for new feature functionality and regression testing
• Experience in Agile testing methodologies and tools, unit and integration testing, and data virtualization tools
• Basic understanding of validation techniques and Continuous Testing
• Familiarity with UI automation frameworks, tools, and techniques to validate user interfaces (mobile, portal, web, etc.)In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.