• Manager, Business Development, Fintechs & Enablers, Western Europe
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and Summary• Manager, Business Development, Fintechs & Enablers, Western EuropeOverview:
Your opportunity to join an agile and high performing team to drive revenue for Mastercard in Western Europe. The Fintech team is focused on identifying and building partnerships throughout the non-traditional payments value chain to achieve continual growth in the vertical. These partners represent some of the most entrepreneurial and innovative organizations Mastercard works with today. Through these partnerships and the utilization of our full set of products, we are delivering new and exciting solutions to an ever evolving marketplace while driving preference for Mastercard to be partner of choice. You will report to the VP Fintech Western Europe, taking responsibility for Fintech Business Development across the Western European markets, working with stakeholders throughout these partner organizations to drive incremental Mastercard volume and future-proofing our business. We are looking for a self-motivated, structured problem solver with a creative outlook with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and influence others without direct authority.
• Overall Responsibility for development and management of a portfolio of strategic Fintech enablers to deliver innovative solutions to maximize revenue opportunities
• Develop strong relationships and understanding of the Fintech eco-system partners including program managers, processors, platforms & middleware companies, etc. both side of the value chain (issuing & acquiring) as well as all relevant incubators/accelerators in the designated market
• Drive business development opportunities and innovative commercial responses across the portfolio, delivering increased revenue and/or market share.
• Broaden the relationship with each stakeholder to drive more strategic discussions and entrenchment with the MC brand
• Support growth of each account through Product and VAS sales
• Push Mastercard internal organization to be more nimble to address Fintech needs (pricing, customer delivery, marketing, advisors, etc)
• Become a ‘Fintech ambassador’ within Mastercard
All About You
• Strong strategic skillset with commercial acumen
• Ability to navigate through large organizations and influence without direct authority
• Acute understanding of tech companies/business and startups
• Ability to think outside the box and recognize the value of alternative thinking
• Good communicator and influencer with strong negotiation skills
• Essential to be comfortable in a multi-tasking environment with the ability to give clear direction to team and customers alike
• Demonstrate strong relationship management experience throughout all levels of customer organizations
• Ability to build and maintain internal relationships with senior management and key stakeholders across the business, gaining support for the strategic direction of the business
• Language requirement: fluent in French and English, other Western European languages also beneficial
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.