Product Development Manager
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummaryProduct Development ManagerOverview:
Manager, Product Development - Foundry
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Mastercard Foundry is the innovation engine of Mastercard and a hub for new product development. We do this by driving product innovation in emerging technologies and interfaces while focusing on developing a point of view to enhance existing solutions and new use-cases. We also focus on building revenue generating ecosystems and flywheels that can be standalone in adjacent segments and markets. Examples of focus areas include commercial payments, new payment flows, real time payments, data and services.
Within Foundry, the Manager, Product Development will be supporting the execution of new to market product development in A2A space. Role responsibility including identification, execution, and in-market delivery of new products and solutions. The responsibilities will include execution of near-term opportunities that drive significant in year revenue and strategic differentiation for Mastercard, as well as scoping, identification, in-market testing of longer-term product concepts and solutions
• Engage in idea generation for new to market A2A products and solutions including workshop facilitation and collateral development.
• Contribute to developing product concepts and prototypes and independently own and deliver key tasks associated with it.
• Partner with Product & Engineering partners and our CX&D team on concept validation and market testing and independently own and deliver key tasks associated with it.
• Contribute / own business case development and planning for individual products.
• Own and deliver high quality collateral materials to facilitate internal decision making.
• Lead cross functional workshops and manage follow up actions to completion.
• Partner with R&D teams by providing prioritized requirements.
• Review and provide feedback on R&D deliverables.
All About You
• In depth understanding of commercial payment ecosystem and expanding role of A2A and real time payments globally.
• Previous experience working in Payments innovation space delivering new to market value propositions.
• Strong product development experience, including rapid opportunity identification, concept development, business model innovation, and in market testing of global products.
• Technical expertise, and experience working with R&D teams
• Flair in connecting people and ideas; ability to operate in a matrix environment.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.