Software Engineer (Full Stack)
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummarySoftware Engineer (Full Stack)Overview:
Mastercard Foundry R&D is looking for brilliant, passionate, and innovative software developers to join its innovation center in Singapore. In this role, you will be a key member of a highly agile group driving hard to create innovative commerce solutions in the emerging technology domains.
• Design, Code, document, test components / subsystems complying to industry standards.
• Must work both independently and part of global Foundry Team; ensuring that actions are aligned with Group / Company strategy.
• Must be solutions oriented – ultimately find and implement the ‘best fit’ solution to address the requirement on time.
- Passion for learning and adapting to new technologies.
• Interpret technical specifications to produce detailed design.
• Design with future extension in mind.
• Perform functional and performance testing of solutions.
• Ensure code is easily maintainable and tracked in version control system.
• Identify best-of-breed methods / tools / API’s and assess technical fit.
• Actively participate in architectural and innovation brainstorming sessions.
• Provide task estimates, level of complexity assessment.
• Provide input to scheduling of projects.
• Ensure tasks get executed on time and to required standards.
• Pass on knowledge of various technologies to other team members and to other functions.
• Willingness to work outside of core hours on an ongoing basis to ensure aggressive deadlines are met and solutions are delivered to the highest standards possible.
• Bachelor's degree Computer Science (or related discipline) preferred.
• Experience in Agile software development for minimum of 2 years.
• Mobile Development (iOS, Android).
• Experience in Backend (Java, API design, Microservices, Spring Boot) is advantageous
• Experience in Database (Postgres/ MySQL, MongoDB) is advantageous
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.