Systems Storage Engineer II
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummarySystems Storage Engineer IIOverview
The Storage Services Team are responsible for all Storage, SAN and Backup deployments within Vocalink’s Production, Test and Development environments, as well as ongoing maintenance, troubleshooting and administration.
The Storage Services Team resource will maintain all phases of delivery, from Technical Architecture, through Build and into Run.
The role of ‘Storage Engineer’ requires the individual to work on design and implementation of internal and external environments. Providing product, architecture, and technical expertise to the client and/or Vocalink project team.
The role requires a focus on service to ensure that all SLA’s and availability targets are met.
The role also requires thought leadership and an ability to drive IT initiatives that continually improve our efficiency, agility, performance, availability, and operational excellence.
This role will require close interaction with all other technical areas such as Architecture and Design, Networks, Unix, Database, Middleware, Development, Acceptance Testing and Service/Operations Management.
• Perform Storage & Backup troubleshooting (and performance tuning) coordinated with other areas/parties if required.
• Implement Storage & Backup Hardware and 3rd Party Software installs and upgrades.
• Provide post implementation support of delivered products operating as the last internal escalation point (In Office / Out of Office).
• Performs lifecycle management for supported hardware platforms, including technical refresh planning and capacity upgrades
• Contribute to the development and continuous review of appropriate practices, standards and guidelines.
• Work in partnership with 3rd party suppliers, understanding and implementing industry best practice across our technology stack.
• Provide Strategy guidance for the Storage and Backup discipline
• To communicate solutions to Stakeholders ensuring that their concerns are fully addressed, especially with regards to security, performance, and availability
• Assist 3rd line support in the analysis of root causes of all major issues, planning redesigns where appropriate.
• Advise Procurement and Commercial Finance regarding technical issues relating to contracts.
• Participate in recruiting and team development activities.
• Be part of the Storage team “On call” rota which is compensated additionally.
• Work with the Storage team lead architect to design and plan project builds
• Performs holistic platform security posture which includes identifying risks, escalating potential concerns, and implementing both risk mitigation plans and control functions
• Resolves chronic complex problems, providing managerial operational support to maintain Storage Systems
All About You
Preferred experience in a Storage administrator type role.
EMC Symmetrix VMAX3
EMC Unity (all models)
EMC Solutions Enabler, SRDF & Unisphere for VMAX
Knowledge of multipathing technologies: EMC, PowerPath, Veritas DMP, Windows/Solaris/AIX/LINUX Native multipathing
Brocade Switches and Directors FOS 7+
Veritas Netbackup Java Console Version 9+
Experience with VMWare, Wintel, Solaris in a SAN environment
Pure Storage Arrays
Veritas Netbackup appliances Flex (5340,5350, 5360)
Experience with NPIV
Experience with AWS S3 in an ECS environment
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.