Lead Product Manager Technical
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummaryLead Product Manager TechnicalJob Description Summary
"Job Overview: Primary responsibilities include overall accountability for successful and timely implementation as well as satisfying the intended business results. Core responsibility is Product Management for Database products, Business Analysis, and Program Management. Responsibility includes Program ownership, managing relationships and communicating with the project sponsor, senior management, and a wide range of project contributors. Identifies key barriers to a success of business outcome and actively manages all mitigation activities.
• Key functions to the role would be Managing Database suite of Products like Relational, NoSQL, BigData, Cloud, Distributed and Mainframe databases.
• Handle large size multiple projects, deliveries, Tracking KPIs, and reporting.
• Handle product life cycle of Database products particularly Distributed, NoSQL and and Relational Databases
• Responsible for planning, developing, and executing schedules to ensure timely completion of project deadlines and milestones.
• Ensure methodology compliance and manage resolutions, reporting to management when necessary.
• Ensure timely and accurate communication with project staff throughout the life cycle of the project. Must be familiar with the system’s scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the teams. Identify and monitor project risks.
• Regularly communicates to senior management regarding the status of specific project deliverables.
• Provide measurable input into new products, processes, standards or plans in support of the business.
• Effectively lead the delivery team to align with the business objectives, project schedule, and risks.
• Effectively deal with difficult situations. Help develop solutions to complex problems. Mentor more junior members.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Knowledge of Agile framework
• Knowledge of tools like Rally ALM, Jira, Aha.
• Scrum / PMP / SAFE Certification
Knowledge / Experience:
• Advanced knowledge and demonstrated expertise in the areas of planning and project management required processes and techniques.
• Experience on Infrastructure Project Management with Database intensive background is desirable
• Experience with structured project management methodology and Program Management.
• Knowledge of MasterCard and Infrastructure is preferred.
• Listening, oral, written and presentation skills and effective interpersonal skills.
• Organizational and planning and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, relationship-building and negotiation skills required with a solid track record for developing internal and external relationships.
• Demonstrate ethics and values to generate high team trust.
• Some travel may be required.In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.