Vice President, Technology & Operations Transformation
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummaryVice President, Technology & Operations TransformationMain Purpose of role
This is an exciting opportunity for a 12-month fixed-term contract to oversee and drive Technology & Operations transformation and change for Vocalink Limited, a company that enables the payments of 90% of salaries, 70% of utility bills, most ATM transactions and every cheque cleared in the UK.
The successful candidate will become part of a high functioning team, dedicated to delivering a robust, secure and resilient service to 60+million citizens every day with transactional volume of 11 billion/year and total annual transactional value in excess of GBP6 Trillion.
VP, Business Analysis is a Vice President-level role, with a reporting line to the Vocalink Limited Senior Vice President (SVP), Technology & Operations.
In partnership with the SVP, Technology & Operations, the appointee will be responsible for driving Technology business and operational priorities and working closely with all operational areas of the business.
The role holder will:
• Driving Technology business and operational resilience priorities and change management initiatives
• Identifies opportunities for transformation, including organisational design, based on current and future needs
• Drive complex management, analysis and decision-making across various initiatives associated with delivery of critical national infrastructure
• Provide advice and expertise in Technology change management and project delivery, including coaching and consulting with the business and project teams
• Collaborates with transformation and business unit teams to ensure changes are well defined and executed. Support all change communications, engagement and planning
• Identify and mange risks regarding changes and develop a strategy to overcome or address these.
• Implement any changes without having an adverse impact on the operation of the business or customers
• Works with Technology teams to optimize existing business processes to achieve more efficient results including establishing process standardization and best practice
Knowledge, Skills and Expertise (technical/role specific)
• Relevant experience of working in a complex (preferably multi-national) stakeholder environment that includes complex customers and regulators.
• Ability to articulate themselves clearly and concisely to a broad range of senior and junior stakeholders, acting as a bridge as well as guide for the implementation of new capabilities.
• Strong influencing skills; organisationally savvy
• Experience working with regulators (Bank of England supervision)
• Experience of presenting and communicating at board level
• Communication - requires effective communication skills – both written and oral - to deal with large diverse customer base (internal and external)
• Problem solving – excellent analysis and deductive skills
• Customer focus – passion for excellence
• Ethics – strong personal and professional ethics
• Highly motivated and conscientious individual
• Embodies and demonstrates all of the brand values required by Vocalink and Mastercard
• Ability to motivate, inspire and lead people effectively
• Line manager and a team player – leads by example
• Strategic thinker – able to develop and communicate direction
• Commercially aware
Experience within Critical National Infrastructure responsible organisations
• Relevant postgraduate degree or equivalent experience
• Professional certifications
• Working with other regulators (non-UK)
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.