Product Manager Technical
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummaryProduct Manager Technical• About Mastercard & Mastercard Digital Enablement Service (MDES)
• Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Mastercard offers above and beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives while encouraging your own professional learning and development
• Our team’s mission is to make payments easy, fast and as secure as possible. That’s why we’ve developed technology that enables mobile payments (Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Garmin Pay, etc.) and secure, tokenized remote commerce payments. We call the set of services delivering this "MDES”. We’ve experienced incredible success and growth, with 10s of billions of transactions being processed each year, however now we are focusing on ensuring the success continues as we scale MDES even further.
Are you curious, customer focused and technology driven?
Are you a collaborator with a passion for sustainable product development?
Are you good communicator with a knack for bringing Business Team closer to Engineering Team?
• Do you enjoy seeing the impact your Product Ideas has on a wide range of customers across the globe?
• The MDES Partner Interface & API team is looking for a passionate, collaborative, and experienced Senior Product Manager-Technical who will act as the link between development, product and commercially facing teams for the delivery of new features and enhancements to the MDES platform.
• Responsible for understanding platform/product visions, derived from business needs, market opportunities, and technology trends.
• Using the Working Backwards method, decomposes business requirements and customer experiences into features.
• Works with Technical Program Managers, Developers, UX designers, and internal/external customers to define the details behind the business requirements.
• Collects requirements in user stories to share with engineering teams.
• Acts as the voice of the business customer and accountable requirements delivered by engineering teams.
• Owns the working backwards documents and vision in features spanning several development teams.
• Elicits and decomposes business requirements into platform requirements and user stories.
• Coordinates internal forums to collect and identify feature-level development opportunities.
• Contributes quarterly platform/product/portfolio roadmap, prioritizing the backlog while defining the acceptance criteria for features.
• Recommends trade-off decisions on platform product features/depth of features/backlog items
• Uses runtime or product metrics as a feedback loop in to the backlog and balances the priorities against new feature requests
• Owns and manages product documentation ensuring features and associated documentation are clear and easily consumable by other engineering teams
• Enables self-service support and/or works to reduce overhead
• Uses research, user studies, metrics and competitive analysis to understand the platform and business needs for a platform product and inform the backlog
• Coordinates with interdependent teams on platform product requirements
• Keeps close to the design for better user experience outcomes
• Monitors feature development at the feature level adjusting throughout build cycle
• Reviews product demo against acceptance criteria for the feature set
• Provides inputs for launch time platform performance monitors, adoption, and operational health for feature sets
• Supports and participates in post-launch reviews and ensures feedback is reincorporated into the feature
• Stays aligned with Go-To-Market (GTM) plans for the feature set
• Identifies issues that will keep the platform features from delivering on time and/or with the desired requirements and works with internal teams and customer service to identify, classify, and prioritize feature-level customer issues
Understands product development and GTM cycle.
Exhibits working knowledge of agile/SAFe methodologies.
Ability to read and write SQL queries to perform data analysis.
Ability to read and understand java (or similar) based code to drive better development outcomes.
Ability to find win win solutions to counter cross prioritization challenges.
Communicates with Architects and Product Managers with ease.
Working knowledge of python is a plus.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.