Software Engineer I
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummarySoftware Engineer IOverview:
The Mastercard Franchise and Legal Solutions (FLS) program is a suite of services which maintains and enhances the foundation of the franchise by understanding evolving business needs. It provides customer focus lifecycle management, and the discipline for scaled growth for partners, while ensuring ease of business with Mastercard and business optimization through world-class training, analytics, and risk management. The program resolves customer disputes and security related events, through data driven insights and investigative intelligence, promoting balance, integrity and security across Mastercard’s multi rail ecosystem.
We are looking for a high-energy, detail-oriented Software Engineer to join team that will be tasked to build a product for Customer onboarding, Customer Performance Management, Risk Monitoring, and Transaction Monitoring
• Develop application logic for a multi-component system of applications.
• Ensure final product is highly performant, responsive and of high quality.
• Deliver completed code on time and with minimal to no defects or failures.
Ensure all new logic maintains current unit test coverage standards or higher.
• Help maintain code quality and enable automation.
• Support testing resources as needed to remediate defects, answer questions, and assist with automation tasks.
• Actively participate in the agile ceremonies including Daily Scrum, Story Grooming, Sprint Planning, and Retrospectives.
All About You and What you need to bring:
• Object-oriented design and programming.
• Java, Spring, Spring boot, Microservices
• REST API development
• Spring, JPA, Hibernate, RDBMS, PL/SQL, JDBC
• Hands-on experience of front-end technology stack like React JS and/or Angular is added advantage
• Jenkins CI/CD, Sonar integration
• Knowledge with Pivotal Cloud Foundry or any other cloud platform AWS or Azure or GCP is preferred.
• Experience in delivering secure solutions in Financial Services Sector is preferred.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering concepts and methodologies is required.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written, collaboration skills and organizational skills
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks, tools and support multiple concurrent activities.
• Ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.