Director, Product Management
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummaryDirector, Product ManagementOverview
Responsible for leading regional product management, enhancement and business growth for MasterCard insurance products, services and capabilities across the product lifecycle – from launch to maturation. Accountable for product quality, profitability, pricing and performance.
Products and services developed and managed by this team represent key differentiators that power the growth of debit, credit, commercial and advanced payments products. Insurance product lines managed by this position include but are not limited to: (1) Travel & Accident (2) Retail, (3) Security, (4) Medical and (5) Specialty insurance services and are foundational components of MasterCard credit, debit, commercial card and advanced payment products around the world.
This is a highly collaborative role that must engage with teams across the company including Global and Regional Loyalty Solutions Teams, Global and Regional Product Teams, Operations & Technology, Product Sales and Account Teams.
Leadership & Strategy
• Leads the development of regional product line strategies and roadmaps to ensure maximum product penetration across target segments.
• Delivers against global and regional product initiatives based upon regional priorities in close collaboration with global and regional business unit leadership.
• Functions as lead subject matter expert for insurance product line(s) in the region
• Manages performance of insurance product portfolio, provide feedback, define and recommend business/process improvements.
• Enhances and expand Loyalty Solutions product capabilities to differentiate and capture new revenue opportunities.
• Collaborates closely with global and regional teams in support of global and regional strategic, financial, administrative and service model objectives.
• Develops and implements regional programs and product development initiatives in accordance with global and regional plans and the NPD/GTM process.
• Leverages global vendors, processes and product lifecycle best practices across regional product initiatives and regionally differentiated solutions.
• Develops and delivers product training to customers and internal partners as well as robust product, project and process documentation.
• Drives regional commercialization of products.
• Develops and manages product line P&Ls. Manages key product line performance metrics including revenue, expense and delivery excellence.
• Drives profitable growth of insurance products through growth initiatives, creation of new revenue streams and cost management efforts.
• Manages ongoing product line based financial analyses including pricing and other product lifecycle product analyses.
• Develops financial business cases and models. Conducts sensitivity analyses.
• Monitors, measures and reports on the quality and profitability performance of Loyalty Solutions insurance product lines including product SLA definitions.
• Ensures compliance with all legal and regulatory procedures, information security requirements and contract policies, globally and regionally.
• Identifies potential best-in-class partners/vendors and lead negotiations.
• Recommends and implements business and process improvements.
• Provides problem-solving support for product specific issues.
• Develops product design specifications and business requirements.
Regional Product Marketing/Sales Support
• Conducts market opportunity assessments for regional business expansion.
• Develops/delivers of regional product collateral for various distribution channels (e.g. sales force, product sales, direct to issuer, direct to consumer) for Loyalty Solutions benefits and insurance products and services.
• Conducts opportunity assessments on new concepts in support of product improvements / new product development efforts.
• Drives regional communication efforts that create awareness regarding development of new products, changes to existing products or issues related to insurance.
All About You
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Extensive experience in financial services and/or bankcard product management, product development or product marketing.
• Extensive experience in insurance industry
• In depth knowledge and experience with benefits and enhancements marketed through financial institutions particularly insurance personal lines.
• Significant experience in managing and leveraging third party relationships and strategic partners to build profitable product propositions.
• Demonstrated expertise in product lifecycle management.
• Strong business acumen, financial and communications skills are essential.
• Complex project management expertise a must.
• Ability to drive for results and work independently in a self-directed manner while operating in a team environment.
• Ability to work effectively internationally in a matrixed organization structure.
• Solid experience, expertise and comfort level working with international markets.
• Ability to effective engage directly with customers, external vendors, third parties and/or internal business partners in support of products.
• Ability to enhance and expand product capabilities to meet existing demand and further differentiate products.
• Effectively managing complex development initiatives with cross-functional teams, geographically dispersed teams and external vendors.
• Ability to drive commercialization of products and lead go-to-market efforts.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.