Service Transition Engineer
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummaryService Transition EngineerThe Service Transition Engineer forms part of the Service Assurance team which ensures changes into Production follow the appropriate testing and governance to ensure Live Services are protected.
The primary responsibilities of the Service Transition Engineer are to ensure Operational requirements are delivered and validated through the project lifecycle and to facilitate the delivery of major change through leading successful implementations whilst reducing Operational risk.
Release & Implementation
• Responsible for ensuring projects/changes are implemented within contractual obligations and regulatory requirements
• Create and manage the Implementation plans, both in the live environments and where applicable, the test environments
• Facilitate implementation planning and walkthrough meetings with all required stakeholders to ensure all participants understand and agree the implementation strategy and sequence of events
• Manage all internal communications with implementation resources and management as to the progress of the Implementation
• Assist with the Schedule and Implementation of planned DR failover tests
• Ensure lessons learned are captured and managed through to closure. Identify and manage CSIP’s to prevent re-occurrence
• Responsible for participating fully in the Project Lifecycle and working closely with the Project Manager to ensure Service requirements are fully captured and recorded in the Project Plan
• Responsible for the production and delivery of acceptance into service criteria on behalf of Operations
• Act as the primary interface between the project team and Operations to provide a single point of contact/escalation point and consistent management of risks and issues
• Responsible for making informed decisions and problem solving on behalf of Operations
• Responsible for managing key meetings, such as the Go/No Go, for defining the Warranty period and ensuring all work off plan items are complete prior to project closure
• Excellent organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Proactive approach and the ability to work through problems to provide options & solutions
• Strong collaborative teamwork
• Disciplined and professional approach – ability to work autonomously and prioritise work load
• Highly motivated self-starter. Creative and constructive open-minded thinker.
• Self-confidence – easily establishes relationships with others. Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
• Influencing & Negotiation skills
• Adaptable to an environment of change
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.