Data Scientist - AI/ML
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummaryData Scientist – AI/MLJob Description –Data Scientist – AI/ML
Data & Analytics team build internal analytic partnerships, strengthening focus on the health of the business, portfolio and revenue optimization opportunities, initiative tracking, new product development and Go-To Market strategies.
• Are you excited about Data Assets and the value they brings to an organization?
• Are you an evangelist for data driven decision making?
• Are you motivated to be part of a Global Analytics team that builds large scale Analytical Capabilities supporting end users across 6 continents?
• Do you want to be the go-to resource for data analytics in the company?
All About You
• Expertise in AI model development. Experience with data modeling and data exploration tools.
• Build and deploy end to end ML models and leverage metrics to support predictions, recommendations
• Strong knowledge of latest AI/ML technologies and trends, including various libraries and tools
• Experience across data analytics project lifecycle - data management, data mining, data analytics, data reporting, data product development
• Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI a plus
• Hands on experience with Hadoop environments, SQL, Python, R
• Excellent problem solving, quantitative and analytical skills
• Team player, excellent communication skills
• Must be able to perform in a team, use judgment and operate under ambiguity
• Work closely with global & regional teams to architect, develop, and maintain advanced reporting and AI/ML capabilities on large volumes of data in order to support analytics and reporting needs across products, markets and services.
• Translate business requirements into tangible solution specifications and high quality, on time deliverables
• Create repeatable processes to support development of modeling and reporting
• Effectively use tools to manipulate large-scale databases, synthesizing data insights. Provide 1st level insights/conclusions/assessments and present findings via Tableau/PowerBI dashboards, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Apply quality control, data validation, and cleansing processes to new and existing data sources
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics Engineering.
• Able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
• Excellent English, quantitative, technical, and communication (oral/written) skills
• Analytical/Problem Solving
• Strong attention to detail and quality
• Self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency
• Project Management
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.