Associate Analyst, Compliance Services
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummaryAssociate Analyst, Compliance ServicesOVERVIEW
Global Compliance & Ethics provides expert compliance leadership to Mastercard. The Anti-Corruption team within Global Compliance has built a robust testing and monitoring program that allows the team to communicate how well Mastercard offices are performing against Mastercard standards and regulatory requirements.
The Associate Analyst, Compliance Services role is located within Law & Policy and reports to the Manager, Law & Policy Services. The Associate Analyst will support Global Compliance & Ethics by
1) performing tests of Compliance control effectiveness,
2) following up on testing results,
3) Review contract and agreements with Vendors / Clients
4) Support on Special projects over and above the monitoring programs;
5) support other areas like Business Conduct Office, Internal Audit, and Quality Assurance reviews
• Do you have experience performing detailed testing to ensure policies and procedures are being followed?
• Do you have a curious mind that will lead you to investigate to understand the root cause of issues uncovered in testing?
• Do you enjoy building informative reporting to help business owners manage their business?
• Perform detailed tests of Compliance controls based on documented testing steps to ensure Mastercard employees comply with policies, procedures, laws, and regulations
• Summarize and communicate results of testing in a timely, clear, and concise manner
• Apply critical thinking to interpret data and documentation to determine whether it adequately meets the policy and regulatory requirements, including documenting the rationale behind the decisions
• Summarize test results and data sets and incorporate results them into informative management reporting
• Communicate gaps and opportunities for improvement in testing and monitoring program so that the program is continuously improving
• Collaborate with internal business partners to identify problem solving solutions to challenges in executing testing program
ALL ABOUT YOU
• 2-3 years’ experience performing detective tests, control tests, risk assessments particularly in an audit capacity (from Big 5 audit firms, MNCs)
• Compliance or risk management & assessments in the financial services, banking or card payment industry preferred
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
• Experience with data analysis, Alteryx and Tableau is helpful
• CIA, CISA, CFE, or other relevant Compliance Certifications preferred, Law school candidates may refrain from applying for this position
• Familiarity with United States Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the UK Bribery Act
• Fluency in additional languages preferred
• Strong; business acumen, analytical, and problem solving skills, particularly resourcefulness in identifying solutions to problems
• Able to work in a team-based environment
• Able to follow and execute procedures with limited supervision, handle multiple tasks, and consistently meet established deadlines and SLAs
• Able to clearly summarize results verbally and in writing
• Able to juggle substantial competing demands and adapt to evolving priorities a must
• Able to work effectively with global partners in handling issues and questions
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.