Manager, Finance Business Partner
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummaryManager, Finance Business PartnerOverview
The Vocalink Ltd finance team is looking for a finance business partner to lead the Technology finance team, working in partnership with the senior leadership team. Networking and building relationships with a wide range of stakeholders is a key skill for success.
• Business partner to senior Operations, Technology and Security leaders of the UK business
• Interface with the business management team on key financial issues and take the lead on financial business support issues, providing insight, guidance, constructive challenge and decision support
• Attend business/ project management meetings to contribute to the management & strategy of the area within remit
• Support the business process for area within remit from end to end, including business cases for new investments, procurement for supplier contract renewals, project finance, cost centre and contract management support.
• Identify issues and propose potential resolutions related to the area of support. Identify patterns and predict potential risks/opportunities & recommend improvements to achieve and deliver improved results
Financial Planning & Analysis
For BAU and projects:
• Oversee & review monthly actuals, forecasts & annual budget cost reports and analysis of costs and variances to support functional heads, commercial business partners and consolidation team in understanding and presenting monthly performance MI with recommendations to improve business performance.
• Manage the financial processes supporting project financials including recharges and cost allocations and reconciliation to internal timesheet system.
• Manage the technology cost allocation model to support intercompany recharging and product profitability analysis.
• Implement and follow accounting standards and policies and propose options and recommendations as required, in particular for capitalisation.
• Support Capitalisation, Depreciation and Amortization processes
• Ensure compliance with risk policies coordinating the reporting and management of financial risks and liaising with the wider community to appreciate enterprise wide risks.
• Finance input to ongoing regulatory and customer reporting requirements.
• Liaison with other Finance and corporate teams and advisors, to ensure sufficient consideration (e.g. for new deals / investment business cases) of relevant matters such as, but not limited to, tax, regulatory, risk and compliance
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should have:
• Qualified accountant
• Experience working collaboratively in a cross-functional capacity and able to work across a wide range of stakeholders, with strong influencing skills.
• Candidate should be able to demonstrate a level of business acumen and thought leadership.
• Strong communication skills from written, verbal and presentation perspectives
• Supervisory/ line management experience
• Advanced excel skills.
• Experience in technology and/ or payments industry
• Experience of programme financial management and / or technology spend
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.