Software Engineer II - Product Engineering
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummarySoftware Engineer II - Product EngineeringWho is Mastercard
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible.
Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Applications team was created to establish Mastercard as the frontrunner in the fast-evolving real-time payments space, and to position MasterCard to be able to incubate the development of new payment flows.
The team is responsible for designing, building, and operating the technology that powers Mastercard’s next generation payment applications – Domestic, Cross Border and Bill Payments.
Mastercard seeks to define a world beyond cash. To accelerate this mission, we are committed to building & scaling products & applications that transform payments of any type. Real time payment technology is central to this strategy.
The Mastercard® Cross Border platform and services enable secure, near real-time payment transfers to and from billions of card, bank and digital accounts globally. Program Participants (banks, businesses, digital players and more) can modernize the way they send money cross-border, making funds available to recipients almost instantly. Mastercard Cross Border is proven to increase user spend and engagement, strengthening core business performance.
Do you like to be part of a team that is creating and executing strategic initiatives centered around digital payments?
Do you look forward to developing and engaging with high performant diverse teams around the globe?
Would you like to be part of a highly visible, strategically important global engineering organization?
Role & Skills
- Develop User interfaces for Modern Rich Internet Applications with the latest NodeJS based Front End Technologies like Stencil, Angular, React or Vue
- Perform product analysis and development tasks of increasingly complex nature which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Develop application code and unit test in the Angular, Rest Web Services, Spring Boot and Java technologies
- Ensure high performance applications which are secure and scalable
- Strong expertise with HTML, CSS, JS and writing cross-browser compatible code.
- Experience with RESTful services
- Responsible for leading design & development of micro-services built using Sprint-boot on Cloud.
- Integrate content feeds via API, JSON, XML, and RSS from both internal and external sources.
- Hands-on design & development experience on Cloud. Exposure to Pivotal Cloud Foundry will be an added advantage.
- Familiar with testing frameworks (Ex. JUnit, Jest, Jasmine)
- Test runner framework (Ex. Karma)
- Document application components for support and training materials for MasterCard Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes.
Need to have strong knowledge in one or more of the technology skills above and exposure to the other skills enough to learn on the job and scale to pick up responsibility of a full stack developer.
All About You
• Strong communication skills – both verbal and written – with strong relationship building, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Ability to work as a member of a matrix-based, diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Demonstrate ethics and values to generate high team trust.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.