Manager, Product Development
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummaryManager, Product DevelopmentWho is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
This exciting opportunity is with Mastercard's acceptance team and focuses on making Mastercard the best way to pay, by raising the bar of consumer experience at the point of initiation (POI).
This critical role sits at an intersection of customer, product innovation and engineering, and provides incredible opportunity for learning, organization visibility and career growth. Every day, you will be solving real world challenges and utilizing your product and engineering skills to design the best in class scalable solutions with the customers.
This role is responsible for leading the partner (PSP/ISV) and key merchant engagement plan to scale Click to Pay and Tokenization in LAC. The product manager will work with the product, sales and delivery teams to ensure the organization successfully executes on the plan.
• Develop and implement a plan to scale Click to Pay and Tokenization through partners in LAC
• Identify and drive the successful implementation of key reference customers (PSP/ISV and merchants) to provide proof points in LAC
• Provide specialist support to the sales teams in pre and post-sale partner/merchant meetings with a detailed technical understanding of product features to identify and implement solutions
• Ability to lead technical discovery and solution development workshops with the customers and design best-in-class consumer experiences and scalable technical solutions that deliver on the business goals
• Provide expert-level product/technical implementation support to Customer Delivery and customers implementing the solutions
• Ability to communicate situationally with technically literate and non-literate stakeholders to build and implement new features as required
• Regularly interact with global product and technical teams to develop and maintain an expert-level understanding of the products
• Provide local support and training to Customer Delivery teams (and customers where required) on the product and best practices in implementation.
• Liaise with the support organization to ensure key customer operational and support issues are managed effectively and the sales teams are adequately briefed on any issues
All About You
• Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or similar B.S. degree from an accredited college/university
• Solid professional experience in a client-facing consulting, product management or technical support role
• Payment Industry experience:
o Strong credit card payment experience (card not present and card present)
o Understanding of card scheme rules for associations
o Understanding of the operation of payment instrument types beyond credit desirable
• Fluent English
• Experience supporting teams integrating API or similar web-based technologies into existing systems
• High attention to detail, adaptable, executes with a sense of urgency and strong planning and organizational skills
• Focused on continuous improvement both personally and commercially
• Experience with Windows/Linux/Web server configuration a plus.
• Ability to travel
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.