Senior Analyst - Financial Planning and Analysis
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummarySenior Analyst - Financial Planning and AnalysisOverview:
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and
power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe,
simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our
innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize
their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Financial Planning & Analysis function manages all aspects of management reporting
encompassing budgeting and forecasting, strategic and customer planning. This includes the
management and execution of the corporate reporting and planning requirements
This Sr Analyst position is responsible across a broad spectrum of strategic processes and initiatives
while managing and executing the corporate reporting and planning requirements for NAM region
About Business Finance Center (BFC)
BFC provides Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) expertise to the organization by compiling and
analysing metrics, identifying trends and problems, communicating information to relevant groups and recommending actions to improve financial performance. It works with business directly drive planning efforts, identify business drivers, and develop the bottom-up budget and forecast. It also helps business in standard, ad hoc reporting, and key performance indicators (KPIs) each period for the business and finance management and also helping to provide decision support to business teams as needed. We are a strong 100+ member team (finance professionals) based out of Gurgaon, India and now expanding into Bogota, Colombia
• Support the financial close process through the analysis of variances against budget, forecasts, prior year actuals, key business drivers and initiatives. Review and provide thoughtful business driven
commentary to respective management teams
• Support the development of the annual plan/budget and forecast for scheduled cycle. Also be
responsible for ensuring accurate data upload into Hyperion budgeting and forecasting tool.
• Manage, develop and update standardized financial reporting packages that will help drive and
support the business, inclusive of business metrics/KPIs. Also identify and communicate revenue risks and opportunities and review and respond promptly to ad-hoc requests for information and analysis
• Support Mastercard strategic plans by providing relevant financial analytics and business insights to key stake-holders, while developing robust tracking mechanisms
• Apply strategic understanding of business dynamics and competitive forces in different markets and supporting business to formulate mitigating strategies
• Execute on financial process improvements by building and maintaining financial tools to perform
analysis and modeling; review and create suggestions to financial systems
• Investigate and create opportunities for automation and more efficient methods of creation and
delivery anticipating needs of internal customers, members, and other stakeholders
All About you:
• Educational qualification – Post Graduation in Finance or CPA or MBA Finance
• Experience in financial roles with advanced knowledge and experience with all phases of financial
planning and management
• Good knowledge of Business Intelligence tools and experience with financial systems/applications
(e.g. Hyperion and Oracle)
• Good understanding of reporting, forecasting and budgeting techniques.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Self-motivated with a proven track record of delivering success while operating in a team
• Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency and accuracy
• Ability to manage multiple activities of different nature in a condensed timeframe
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Language - Fluent English Speaker
• Strong strategic thinking and business understanding.
• Strong relationship management and networking skills.
• High intellect with good commercial acumen and a creative approach to problem solving.
• Ambitious, highly driven and motivated.
• Maturity to challenge ideas and balance opportunities and threats.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.