Senior Software Development Engineer - Foundry R&D
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummarySenior Software Development Engineer - Foundry R&DWho is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Mastercard is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join the Mastercard Foundry Research and Development team in our Dublin location. In this role you will be part of a highly agile scrum team building exciting and innovative products delivered at scale to global markets.
Our team is built on a foundation of research and development, mining innovation internally, innovating new product lines with emerging technology, managing new products from inception to market validation and engaging strategically with start-ups to shape the future of commerce with and for our customers. At Mastercard you will help define the future of commerce globally.
This role involves working with a team of talented developers to develop high performance Java based solutions. In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Design and implementation of innovative capabilities.
• Work as part of an agile team practicing the scrum methodology.
• Work closely with technical leads and other developers to define solutions.
• Research alternative technical solutions to meet changing business needs.
• Produce design and research documentation.
• Transitioning R&D solutions to Mastercard core.
• Proficiency with Java JDK 8 or greater.
• Knowledge of Tomcat, Spring, Spring Boot, Shell Scripting, JSON.
• Proficiency in Spring Data including analysis and performance tuning of queries.
• Experience of working with and writing OpenAPI specification 3.0 documentation.
• Experience of schema first REST API development using Spring boot
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or other container orchestration solutions.
• Expertise in Junit, Spring testing.
• Knowledge of CI/CD principles and tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, SonarQube.
• Passionate about software development and comfortable in a fluid environment.
• Knowledge of Source Control Management and working with code in a multi-developer environment.
• Knowledge of front-end frameworks such as React (Next.js, Gatsby, Vue.js etc.) or Angular.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and strong collaboration skills.
• Show initiative and demonstrate a willingness to take on challenging opportunities.
• Passionate about code quality and coding best practices.
• This position provides an opportunity to work with a team that are dedicated to achieving the highest standards in design and code quality. You will be working with the latest industry technologies within a polished scrum environment. You will have a voice and are encouraged to share the benefits of your experience and wisdom with the team.
• You will gain some exposure to the concepts of artificial intelligence and machine learning. Although not a requirement, any prior interest in this field is a plus.
• Highly motivated and a strong team-player.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.