Data Analytics & Product Insights Manager
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummaryData Analytics & Product Insights ManagerWho is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Are you an experienced data leader with hands experience and a passion for technological innovation, have a can-do attitude and strong sense of ownership? The Mastercard Gateway team is the perfect opportunity for you to assist in the design & development of a world-class unified platform, enabling commerce globally.
Mastercard Gateway is looking for a Manager Data Analytics & Product Insights to spearhead the transformation of our Product Analytics & Insights offering.
You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, sales & market development, data engineers and data scientists to design, build, integrate data and analytics solutions both for internal and external usage, as well as drive data democratization across the organization.
Mastercard Gateway is a Key Strategic Product, and this is your opportunity to perform a global role in a high impact product inside the payments industry, where data will be a key success factor.
• Collaborate with Cross Functional Business Teams (Sales, Product, Marketing, Customer Success, Finance) and meet our customers to identify their Key Data Use Cases and needs.
• Democratize Data Analytics across Gateway Team, to ensure all business functions are data-driven and use data as a key asset to make decisions.
• Design, Build Data Analytics Models and Product Insights Reports that will be used as a single source of truth by our internal teams to better perform their core business functions.
• Design, Build Data Insights Service / Product to be commercialized to our customers.
• Support Data Engineering and Product designing a New Data Analytics & Insights Platform
• Support Executive Leadership Team by providing them powerful Data Insights that will drive decision-making as well as identify threats and opportunities.
• Design Product Development Data Principles and Data Governance Frameworks and drive their implementation across the organization.
• Support Product Strategic Initiatives that demand Data Insights, like Go to Market Strategy Definition, Partnerships Model, and many others.
All about you
• Passion for Data Analytics and using data as an asset to drive product strategy and business decision making.
• Ability to talk with different Business Teams and Customers, identify their Needs and translate those into Data Analytics Models Requirements.
• Ability to translate complex Big Data Outputs into clear business narratives and messages, and present those to business teams, executives, and customers.
• Excellent analytical skills with a proven ability to solve problems and deliver actionable insights to support the business and leadership teams.
• Experience working with Data Engineering Team, to better understand data sources, data elements, ETL Processes and design data dictionaries and metrics computation methodologies.
• Demonstrated ability in Data Analytics Roles.
• Hands-on experience in SQL programming.
• Experience of visualisation platforms such as Tableau (preferred), or PowerBi.
• Python Programming and Alteryx Knowledge is a plus.
• Experience in Designing, Building Data Insights Services/Products for External Customers is a plus.
• Consulting Experience is a plus, as well as global roles with cross teams collaboration.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.