Product Manager, Pricing & Sales Enablement
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummaryProduct Manager, Pricing & Sales EnablementWho is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base, including issuers, acquirers, and merchants. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
SessionM offers a full suite of technology and services to deliver a customized end-to-end loyalty marketing solution that makes your customers happier and businesses more profitable. Our product team loves solving complex problems utilizing data and analytics, but we also obsess about customer experience.
To help SessionM scale and grow revenue globally by developing and implementing pricing strategies, corresponding sales enablement, and providing pricing guidance in customer deal negotiations.
As a Pricing Manager at SessionM, you will play a critical role in developing and implementing pricing strategies to optimize profitability and market competitiveness. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Product Management, to analyze market trends, customer behavior, and competitive landscapes. The Pricing Manager will be responsible for setting and adjusting pricing levels, conducting pricing analyses, and monitoring the overall pricing performance.
1. Pricing Strategy Development:
- Develop and implement effective pricing strategies to maximize revenue and profitability.
- Analyze market trends, competitor pricing, and customer behavior to inform pricing decisions.
2. Price Optimization:
- Conduct regular pricing reviews and adjust pricing levels based on market dynamics and business objectives.
- Utilize data analysis and market research to identify opportunities for price optimization.
3. Cross-functional Collaboration:
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Product Management teams to align pricing strategies with overall business goals.
- Provide pricing guidance and support to sales teams to ensure effective implementation of pricing strategies.
4. Competitive Analysis:
- Monitor and analyze competitor pricing strategies (where possible, and publicly available) to identify opportunities and threats.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and market conditions that may impact pricing decisions.
- Understand deal win/loss datapoints as it relates to pricing in order to continually refine our knowledge of price to market fit
5. Data Analysis:
- Utilize data analytics tools and methodologies to extract insights and make data-driven pricing decisions.
- Develop and maintain pricing models to support decision-making processes.
6. Price Negotiation:
- Support sales teams in price negotiations with customers and vendors (RFP discussions, deal approvals etc.).
- Develop and implement discount and incentive programs in coordination with sales objectives.
7. General Sales Enablement
- Supporting the Commercialization team in developing sales enablement content for the SessionM platform (trainings, demos, pitch decks etc)
All About You
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or a related field.
- Knowledge of the retail and QSR loyalty / loyalty technology space required (ideally experience at a brand that has loyalty programs / loyalty technology in place OR experience in pricing strategy with loyalty technology)
- 7+ years of experience in pricing, finance, product or related roles.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with proficiency in data analysis tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.