Manager Business Operations, APEMEA Markets
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummaryManager Business Operations, APEMEA MarketsJOB TITLE: Manager Business Operations, APEMEA Markets
REPORTS TO: Director, Business Operations
MASTERCARD: For 45 years, MasterCard has been a driving force at the heart of commerce, making the global economy safer, more efficient, more inclusive, and more transparent for all.
We’re all about delivering value to consumers and our partners—merchants, banks, telecommunications companies, small and mid-size businesses, governments, and every entity in between. Our vision is a world beyond cash. Our mission is every day, everywhere, we use our technology and expertise to make payments safe, simple, and smart.
To improve business operations efficiencies through focused change projects driven centrally with ownership from APEMEA regions
The Business Operations function within the APEMEA Strategy, Excellence & Operations is a relatively new team created to ensure all business functions are in line with APEMEA’s strategic goals. To aid this alignment, Business Operations will demonstrate leadership and functional expertise and communicate the vision of APEMEA across all levels to ensure our regions and functions are aligned to the Corporate & APEMEA Strategy.
The successful candidate will work across several internal functions to:
• Independently own and strengthen data-driven decision making process across the enterprise through constant insights creation
• Build in-depth insight, including understanding of customer pain points and payment/data flows to identify and pursue opportunities to drive Mastercard’s relevance and presence
• Be a catalyst for change, supported by strong insights, generated with clarity and tenacity, successfully bringing stakeholders along the journey
• Support all business planning for APEMEA, quarterly tracking development, support Investor requests and Board data requirements
• Track, monitor and identify areas requiring attention, and create a pathway for resolution. BU performance alignment to customer/business strategy
• Collaborate across other matrix environments including Regions, P&C, Marketing and Legal to build state of the art dashboards and management information consolidated from multiple existing databases across teams and functions
• Identify, document, and maintain fit-for-purpose and efficient end-to-end business processes based on data analytics
• Effectively manage the monthly cadenced business reporting and operations
• Support the evolution, integration, and implementation of business management systems/processes
• Prepare ad-hoc analysis and participate on actively projects
• Design and develop highly available dashboards, reports and metrics using SFDC, Tableau, MS Excel etc.
• Manage data quality, tackle data conflicts, sales efficiency and sales automation with centric reports, dashboards in CRM tools, executing on our data management policy and identify reporting issues, gaps in processes, and drive timely resolution
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Minimum 5 years of experience in professional services (consulting, corporate strategy, finance, technology)
• Inquisitive mindset. The candidate must be able to leverage existing dashboards and analyses to generate relevant insights and create business value
• A solid level of analytical, strategic, and critical thinking and a big picture mentality as the wider business interests precede departmental interests; a proven ability to analyse data, using the data to drive decision making and implement effective solutions
• Proven experience with Alteryx or any other programming tool; Proven experience with Tableau or PowerBI; Excellent knowledge of MS Excel
• Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills
• Demonstrate strong networking skills and a high degree of confidence to navigate effectively the organization, building relationships and work in partnership with other teams across Mastercard
• Critical assessment capability, data interpretation and analysis skills - an ability to translate disparate data points into trends, key reporting metrics and insights to support the broad execution of objectives in the region
• Ability to produce high quality management information/dashboards for wider leadership and information sharing
• High level of versatility and ability to pivot quickly between high-level strategy to operational issues
• Resilient and able to work through ambiguity
• Self-starter, go getter, candidate must have an entrepreneurial mindset when it comes to innovation and what data insights can support inform
• Proficient in English
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.